Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Voice using T-Mobile / iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Google Voice using T-Mobile / iPhone 4
    Greetings,

I have an iPhone 4 unlocked/jailbroken using T-Mobile.

I do not have any data and only have about 500 minutes, so I am really interested in using my Google Voice Account.

When I log into Gmail I am able to place calls from my Mac to phone's using the web browser, but when I download the Google Voice App, I am only able to use calls, through my cell phone, which I believe is still costing me minutes in the end as for me to call my Google Voice number cost me minutes...

Does anyone have a way to work around this system? I just want to use google voice off my iPhone with Wifi.

I cannot turn off Click2Call

Thanks!

not 100% sure this would work but did you try turning airplane mode on and then using wifi and google voice?

Thanks

I've tried this, when I call a phone it just has my cell phone's voice mail to the person I call

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try Talkatone (basically an unofficial GTalk app with voice/SMS support) and getting a non-Google GV app that works with Talkatone directly (GV Mobile + does this). That might work for you when you're on wifi.
    Note: Talkatone can be active in the background when you're not on wifi, so keep that in mind if you're away from wifi as it may attempt to use the data network. T-Mobile does a psudo data block on lines/accounts without a data plan, but occasionally things go weird and data charges might show up.

The other option is to get a free VoIP setup, use IPKall to get a phone number, and set GV to forward calls to that VoIP's number. You'll have to make sure the VoIP won't work when you're away from wifi (there's a setting in several VoIP apps to disable itself when on 3G/EDGE/1x/GPRS).
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

I will try this out thanks a ton GenesisDH!