Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost RAM

Default Lost RAM
    Howdy folks,

Quick question, did a cursory search here and Google and didn't find much.

Have an iPhone 3gs 16gb. Jailbroke it back on 3.1 and left it there until last night. According to the memory at the top, i believe from sbsettings, I would restart the phone and have around 155-164mb of free ram.

last night, used Sn0breeze 2.7.1 to create a jailbroken firmware for 4.3.3 which i used itunes to restore to.

now i'm running around 114 free mb on a boot.

Is the new firmware really using that much more? Or was the old displaying more than it should have? Running the same applications and settings that i was on 3.1.

Haven't run into any issues but then again I haven't played any intensive games yet. just a little worried.

Thanks for any advice or info!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Unless you get below 30MB I wouldn't worry about it since it won't affect performance. 4.X firmware implements many new features including native multitasking which uses more RAM off the bat!

Thanks Poseidon, good to know. I have noticed that while lower, it does a MUCH better job at reallocating back to the pool when I finish with a game or program. Just finished playing for an hour on it, normally it would be down to around 80 and stay; now it's back at 110