Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White Screen of death

Default White Screen of death
    you all prob had this question a thousand times but i cracked my iphone 3gs screen so i got a new one changed it all looks fine now damage on the screen or the ribbons all clipped in correct done a restore reset and everything else, but just a white screen can here all the sounds and everything but nothing. now does this mean the LCD screen is done for because no prob i can get replacement just want to make sure before i buy

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I am inclined to say that if the ribbons are all connected properly and there was nothing else wrong with your phone besides the screen before, it might be a bad LCD. might need to buy another one.

problem i had was they sent a 3g screen which didnt fit but it came on now i have the 3gs screen nothing but white its really wired but if you think its LCD ill have to get a new one

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I think you should try buying from another company lol.

But I mean I don't want you to go buy another and for it to not work, so I'm hoping maybe someone else has more advice.

If you have time, find Cowboy the moderator, he knows a lot about the hardware stuff.

were do i find one of them lol LCD screen i only like 30 off ebay so worth a try i spose cant think what else it would be

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

There's a seller on Amazon that I get some of my stuff on. They are really good with the quality of their products and customer service too.

Check out Amazon and buy from the OEM Planet.

It's like $20 or $25 or something for the LCD for 3GS. Just search OEM planet LCD 3GS bc that's what I searched and found it.

im in the uk

jus found one on ebay 13 for that price its worth a try
    Last edited by Rosszx10r; 2011-05-10 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Lol sorry I just realized that. But yeah just be sure to buy from a credible company.