Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone doesnt stay connected to PC

Default iPhone doesnt stay connected to PC
    Hello Everybody,
    Has anybody had the problem with iPhone not staying connected the PC? In other words, after every two or three minutes, either the iPhone or computer disconnects iPhone; thus bringing up the Auto Play window...as if you just connected the phone to the PC. It's really annoying, especially when your tethering, you have to reconnect every two or three minutes.
    I noticed it some time ago when I did an update on Windows 7. I have two PC's, different manufacturers, both running Windows 7 pro.
    iPhone is jail broken 3G, however it did it before the jailbreak

Have you tried using a different USB port? Or try deleting all iTunes drivers and iTunes itself and reinstalling. It might work

Mine does that when the connector on the phone gets dirty. I can blow in the phone and the USB connector itself and it fixes it for a couple of days.

That's definitely possible, my phone is going on 2 years old. Ill try some electronics cleaner and see if it works...thanks for the idea

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

My flash drive does that. I suspect it's bc it is old and the USB connector is loose. So it is possibly your USB cable, the USB port, or what ^ said about dusty connector port. Essentially it is probably more hardware than software.