Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Why is nobody (saurik) blocking Illegal sources like Xsellize, Sinfuliphonerepo?

  1. #41
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Originally Posted by datboibubba View Post
    The whole point of jailbreaking your phone is so you can get FREE apps and all that...people who charge for things on cydia are just wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Wow most naive statement yet
    top 10 anyway.............

  2. #42
    Im discussing the same thing u are discussing...i just have a different opinion than you mod edit, useless comment removed.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2011-05-10 at 09:36 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by datboibubba View Post
    So if it waa meant to all be free thats how it should stay
    Then we would end up with incomplete, bug ridden tweaks with no customer support afterwards.

  4. #44
    Green Apple Joemamafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles baby!!
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    You know I really respect the "good" mods up here but you guys really come off as the all-holy saints of righteousness on Earth.
    Now I understand you must keep up "appearances" but please don't be hypocritical and act like you have never DLed a song or have tried p2p or witnessed someone who has.
    If you borrowed or were given that cd/dvd or game etc. from your friend and even let your little brother or sister use it, your no better than the people you are casting rocks at. Don't put down people just because you claim to be a righteous human being.
    "Everyone's crap stinks"
    By all means tho if you are a saint who has done no wrong in this world please do throw your rock as this is the behavior of such.

    $.99 seems affordable at first but everyone should know that adds up, how many apps do you have on your phone? I know people with over 300+ apps, I know people who paid more for all their apps than the price of their phone!
    Just don't install it then? Sure because that was the whole reason in getting a iphone for it's phone capabilities, it is far superior to a flip-phone because no flipping necessary.

    There are a lot of money hungry people out there who have sold and scammed people out of their hard earned money for bad, buggy apps and such.
    A lot of us come from a PC where freeware is plentiful and sharing is caring. Expect to get piracy and anger from that crowd when they see greedy corporates abusing the phone market. I mean really getting a 3D mmo on PC for free to paying for a gameboy looking, repetitive game where you cut fruit all day??
    The bottom line is the phone market is profitable, people will pay .99 today and .99 the next day and so on; we'll make it so easy and convenient to purchase apps this new phone market we will make it a staple, a mandatory obligation to pay for everything.
    Really compare the PC market to the Phone market where everything is turning to pay-only, for about 1/10 the work and quality it would take to make on a PC. I see a market where I can practically take everyone's money easily.
    So who's left to fight for the little people? You guessed it... Robin Hood lol

  5. #45
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    These threads discussing this topic come up every so often and they pretty much always take the same course. There is no one fully right answer when it comes to this if you bring everything in the digital world into the discussion. At the end of the day what you, I or anyone do in their life and to their devices is their own choice and they are responsible for that. However if you want to post on this site then the rules must be followed, simple as that.

    The topic this particular thread was leaning towards though is the reason "why" people jailbreak. In regards to that saying jailbreaking came about to facilitate getting apps for free is completely wrong and disrespectful to the people that have put all the hard work into making these jailbreaks from the beginning.

    Will there always be piracy? Yes. Thinking otherwise would be naive. But it isn't the reason I jailbreak and it isn't the reason jailbreaking came about.

  6. #46
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    I don't believe anybody here is acting all holy and righteous. I just believe people have morals and values and want to stick with it. Aside from that, this forum doesn't support piracy or help for it and that's a rule we abide by. It's a rule of the forum we participate in so respect that.

    I am going to be honest, I download music but since becoming a mod and seeing how this stuff goes down I honestly purchase them now. I purchase apps and themes and tweaks if need be. These developers for the iPhone community, they work really hard on their own to give us jb stuff. This isn't some major music company from the industry who make a butt ton of money as it is. It is not ok to steal music but the logic is, these small time developers aren't in the same league. The least we can do is to support them. The music industry has enough support on its own.

    Aside from that, me saying this doesn't make me a hypocritical holier than thou mod. It means I have respect for others and I've grown and learned to respect people and support them. If you don't feel that you have the morals to do the same, you don't have to be here. You don't have to criticize us. You are free to leave and believe and do what you want, so long as it's not here where we don't condone piracy.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Wow most nieve statement yet
    +11111111111
    wow. Hahah
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

  8. #48
    Green Apple Joemamafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles baby!!
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I don't believe anybody here is acting all holy and righteous. I just believe people have morals and values and want to stick with it. Aside from that, this forum doesn't support piracy or help for it and that's a rule we abide by. It's a rule of the forum we participate in so respect that.

    I am going to be honest, I download music but since becoming a mod and seeing how this stuff goes down I honestly purchase them now. I purchase apps and themes and tweaks if need be. These developers for the iPhone community, they work really hard on their own to give us jb stuff. This isn't some major music company from the industry who make a butt ton of money as it is. It is not ok to steal music but the logic is, these small time developers aren't in the same league. The least we can do is to support them. The music industry has enough support on its own.

    Aside from that, me saying this doesn't make me a hypocritical holier than thou mod. It means I have respect for others and I've grown and learned to respect people and support them. If you don't feel that you have the morals to do the same, you don't have to be here. You don't have to criticize us. You are free to leave and believe and do what you want, so long as it's not here where we don't condone piracy.
    Who is condoning piracy, you should read all the posts instead of skimming through it before you make accusations. I state why piracy exists and why people do it and I'm all for supporting good developers and have donated in the past, it is the devs who put out bad apps and such to make a quick dollar who I disapprove of.
    Not only this thread but other threads as well(locked ones), I have witnessed joking between mods and put downs on pirates asking questions and even just normal posters. Just because you have "moral" discrimination toward a group of people doesn't mean you should exercise it. As a mediator and moderator of these forums I expected more.
    I was expecting this type of reply from a short-tempered bigot and to no fail.

    When you back an animal into a corner, right?...

  9. #49
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Joemamafoo View Post
    Who is condoning piracy, you should read all the posts instead of skimming through it before you make accusations. I state why piracy exists and why people do it and I'm all for supporting good developers and have donated in the past, it is the devs who put out bad apps and such to make a quick dollar who I disapprove of.
    Not only this thread but other threads as well(locked ones), I have witnessed joking between mods and put downs on pirates asking questions and even just normal posters. Just because you have "moral" discrimination toward a group of people doesn't mean you should exercise it. As a mediator and moderator of these forums I expected more.
    I was expecting this type of reply from a short-tempered bigot and to no fail.

    When you back an animal into a corner, right?...
    We close and delete threads that have to do with warez because that is what we are told to do as moderators of a site that does not condone or allow them here. If you or anyone cannot abide by these rules then I suggest going to one of the other sites that do.

    Also "put downs on pirates"? Ummm, sorry ? I apologize on behalf of the other moderators for them not taking kindly to people that jailbreak to steal apps


    Just to be clear though I am not trying to judge anyone that does. It is not my place to do that. As I said in my previous post what people do on their own time with their own devices is their business, not ours. What you post on this site however is our business.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Bo Troxell (2011-05-11)

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We close and delete threads that have to do with warez because that is what we are told to do as moderators of a site that does not condone or allow them here. If you or anyone cannot abide by these rules then I suggest going to one of the other sites that do.

    Also "put downs on pirates"? Ummm, sorry ? I apologize on behalf of the other moderators for them not taking kindly to people that jailbreak to steal apps


    Just to be clear though I am not trying to judge anyone that does. It is not my place to do that. As I said in my previous post what people do on their own time with their own devices is their business, not ours. What you post on this site however is our business.
    Nicely put

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2011-05-11)

  13. #51
    +1 bud!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2011-05-11)

  15. #52
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Well put Simon.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2011-05-11)

  17. #53
    Green Apple Joemamafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles baby!!
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We close and delete threads that have to do with warez because that is what we are told to do as moderators of a site that does not condone or allow them here. If you or anyone cannot abide by these rules then I suggest going to one of the other sites that do.

    Also "put downs on pirates"? Ummm, sorry ? I apologize on behalf of the other moderators for them not taking kindly to people that jailbreak to steal apps


    Just to be clear though I am not trying to judge anyone that does. It is not my place to do that. As I said in my previous post what people do on their own time with their own devices is their business, not ours. What you post on this site however is our business.
    +2 nice reply; that is exactly the professional manner that should be carried out, "we do not condone piracy on our boards and it is not allowed".
    When "we do not condone piracy or your kind on these boards" is said then that is crossing boundaries is all I'm saying.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joemamafoo For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2011-05-11)

  19. #54
    Its actually +4

  20. #55
    Green Apple Joemamafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles baby!!
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    We were all posting at sametime lol...

  21. #56
    Oh lmao

  22. #57
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    I'm glad we are in agreement then
    Time to close the thread? lol jk

  23. #58
    I'd close it if I were you

  24. #59
    Green Apple Joemamafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles baby!!
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Yes close it xD

  25. #60
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Isn't there a difference between a helpless animal and an angry/offended person? I was just stating my stance on the situation and how I feel about it, while explaining the rules of the forum. By no means did I mean any offense by wanting to state my opinion as well as the rules I abide by in this wondeful forum that we share.

    I just wanted to clear that up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •