Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with bricked iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Need help with bricked iphone
    Ok, im pretty good with restoring, upgrading etc, my buddy gave me a phone today with a problem i cannot figure out.

its stuck at the itunes/cable screen. now i restore it with itunes on my mac and it shows that everything is working .. but than the ipHone gets stuck at the black with with the apple logo and the spinning bar at the bottom, (spinning bar is not spinning at this point) what can i do? thanks guys!

hey im pretty new to this stuff but i actually bricked my ipod touch and im pretty sure you can use the same solution...i force restored mine and re synced it and re jailbroke it but i did it on my own computer so i think you should fix his iphone using his computer but whatever its your choice. you can force restore by holding the home button and the one on the top at the same time for like 8 seconds then let go of the top button and keep holding the home one until you see the itunes sign and the connector thing...

then do the rest using ziphone it works really fast

Thanks

ill try that, thanks bud!

i tried that .. than i got error 2002 or 2003 ...
    Last edited by therockk; 2008-03-20 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thats really weird what kind of screen is on the ipod now is it the apple and spinning thingy...try it again thats my only advice...sorry kiddo

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

force the phone into DFU Mode First, Restore to 1.1.4 then ziphone. and enjoy

Oh and if you cant get it to restore and it keeps throwing you errors downgrade your itunes... (SAVE YOUR LIBRARY FIRST!!!!)

Thanks

How do i force it to DFU mode? and i have iTunes 7.5. MACOSX, and windows both.

Quote Originally Posted by the sr5 View Post
    force the phone into DFU Mode First, Restore to 1.1.4 then ziphone. and enjoy

Oh and if you cant get it to restore and it keeps throwing you errors downgrade your itunes... (SAVE YOUR LIBRARY FIRST!!!!)

Thanks

Open ZiPhone, and click on Refurbish. After refurb, use the DFU Mode button in ZiPhone to force the iPhone into DFU Mode. Open iTunes, Shift-Click on restore, and downgrade to 1.1.3. Go where you will from there. Your baseband should be downgraded to 3.9 from there. Good luck. Let us know if this method works for you.

Brandon