Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube Problem

Thanks

Default YouTube Problem
    Ok here's my problem...I'm running 1.1.4 firmware jailbroken with of course ZiPhone version 2.5...not 2.5b or 2.5c just plain 2.5...well ever since jailbreakin YouTube will NOT connect no matter what I do...I've tried use'n pretty much every patch but nothing works...

Can anyone help?

same here iam on 1.1.3 used every "FIX" sill not working any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Try restoring?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yup... DFU RESTORE to 1.1.4 and re-ziphone. Set the phone up as NEW in iTunes and if it still doesn't work do a reset all settings.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Yup... DFU RESTORE to 1.1.4 and re-ziphone. Set the phone up as NEW in iTunes and if it still doesn't work do a reset all settings.
    I did exactly everything you suggested and even did the reset settings but still no luck...after I restored the phone youtube worked but as soon as I jailbroke with ZiPhone it stop'd working....

If anyone else has any ideas your help would be appreciated
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 2008-03-20 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have the same problem...ziphone 1.1.3 and no youtube... i still want a fix but i suggest mxtube for the mean time...

------ edit ------

i did some research for you...

#23 is pointless and not need and so is 1-9
    and #12 if you havnt done that already

for mac use cyberduck instead on winSCP
    using click library when it opens then lockdown and the rest is the pretty much

10. Turn auto-lock to never (Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Never).

11. Connect to your Wi-Fi network (if need be) and run installer from your SpringBoard (iPhone home screen).

12. Download "BSD Subsystem" and "OpenSSH".

13. Download WinSCP (if you don't have it already). (Download Link).

14. Once WINSCP is installed, run it...
    Host name: (iPhone's ip address)
    Username: root
    Password: alpine
    File protocol: SCP
    Click "Yes" to security breach warning

15. On the right hand side, double click on "library", then "lockdown".

16. Next, delete "device_public_key.pem", "device_private_key.pem" and "data_ark.plist".

17. Double click on "activation_records" and delete any files inside, once completed return to previous folder by hitting backspace.

18. Double click on "pair_records" and delete any files inside, once completed return to the previous folder by hitting backspace.

19. Download and save SpikeyMikey303's YouTube activation files (save and unzip onto desktop). (Download Link)

20. Drag and drop "device_public_key.pem", "device_private_key.pem" and "data_ark.plist" into winscp, and click copy.

21. Double click on "activation_records" in WinSCP, drag and drop the file "89014103211556075053" from the downloaded file into here.

22. Double click on "pair_records" in WinSCP, drag and drop the files "2991634953036728237753880" and "29916349521148473128163200" from the downloaded file into here.

23. Restart your iPhone, reset the settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings).

24. Your iPhone will reboot automatically... Now open YouTube from the springboard (iPhone home screen), it may flash "Cannot connect to YouTube" for a moment (this will only appear the first time you run YouTube), but will successfully connect, and allow you to search/watch YouTube videos!

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/youtube-fix.html
    Last edited by cscho0415; 2008-03-20 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Thanks

Thanks alot! I'm going to try this as soon as I get home. I already have the winSCP and openSSH so it shouldn't take but 5 minutes...I'll keep yall posted and let yall know what happens

Well it work'd great. Im testing as i write this and everything is fully functional. Thanks for your help
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 2008-03-21 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost