Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.0 Calculator for 1.1.x ?

Default iPhone 2.0 Calculator for 1.1.x ?
    As the calculator in firmware 2.0 has a new look, and a scientific mode when you tilt it, would it be possible to install this on a 1.1.1-1.1.4 iPhone?

Like literally just go into iphonebrowser with a 2.0 iPhone, save the Calculator.app folder to the PC, and then drag it into the Applications folder on the other iPhone, overwriting the old calculator...

Would this work?

Thanks

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

I'm also interested in this, would like to be kept updated on this as it might be very useful to me

The 2.0 frameworks are quite different and it is (very) unlikely that a 2.0 application would work on 1.1.x.

Use Macalc or the HP-15C emulators instead.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

ive tried it and although it shows the icon and i can run the app the buttons do not function.. in fact the screen just freezes. furthermore, i cannot turn the phone to get into the landscape mode.. i was able to accomplish this by upgrading my phone via the 2.0 ipsw torrent and then downgrading back.. there really isn't any use..

same for contacts (they have "find" now and are arranged on groups).

ya doesn't work. tried and failed

i already tryed it many different ways, first i just put it on. second I change all permissions to 755. and then i quit.