Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo Push Email

Default Yahoo Push Email
    Hey guys,

I got my iPhone about 3 weeks ago and in all that time, Yahoo Mail has never pushed an email to my phone ... EVER ... I've tried everything from the posts on this site including:

1. Moving all my mail to a temporary folder, delete the account on the iPhone, re-register account on iPhone and then moving all mail back over

2. Deleted and recreated the account numerous times

3. Tried all the official suggestions from Yahoo

Does anyone have any suggestions?

i have the exact same problem
    i have tried everything. deleting, and readding the yahoo account. use ssh by winscp to get the plist file and edit it, still wont work (maybe i did it wrongly?). i tried imapidle, but didnt seem to work either, not sure if i did the setting correctly.

need help!

Hey all,

I haven't been able to get this Yahoo push mail running either. I've tried several of the posted fixes short of upgrading to 1.1.4 (I'm on 1.1.3, unlocked, jailbroken, and on with T-Mobile in Germany).

I'm about to give up on the whole thing since for me it's really not important that I get my email immediately.

However, an observation...

As we all know, the phone is pretty noisy around unshielded devices. While syncing I'd usually notice one disturbance and that was it.

Since I setup the Yahoo email account with push ON (under settings), I was getting disturbances every 5 seconds (email waiting). I never recieved the push email in waiting. Once I turned push OFF, the disturbances stopped.

I suspect that maybe the phone gets its notification via EDGE that there is an email waiting, then tells the phone to go online and retrieve it. Since I don't have a data plan with T-mobile here, I was hoping everything'd work over my WLAN.

No luck. Hope that helps. Sorry if stating the obvious...