Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Audio Jack & Headphones

Default Audio Jack & Headphones
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me?

Everything on my iphone worked until the other day when i plugged my headphones into the audio jack and no sound came through them!! Sound comes out of the speaker when headphones are plugged in, it seems that the audio jack doesn't recognize when i have the headphones plugged in (btw the headphones are the official apple ones).

i found one of those multi adapter chargers which had a similar lead to the end of the headphones. I was curious to see if it was able to charge the phone with this from the jack, it didn't but i thought nothing of it until i tried to use my headphones the next day and they didn't work. I thought i had blown the audio jack but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Im pretty sure this is how the problem occured and it was pretty stupid of me to try this!

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad..._cadap2000.jpg

Its something like this what i used but had a different head plus it was a mains adapter.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-O...d=p1 638.m122

Bought one of these and installed it and still no luck , phone just doesn't recognize headphones.

Regards Chris

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

WOW! Why would you think you could charge the phone thru the headphone jack????? Hopefully you can return the phone for warranty replacement. Just tell them you dont know what happned........LOL

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Cheers for reply.

I really dunno lol, just happened to see it and thought I'd try it. Was pretty stupid to be honest.

I live in the UK and i got the phone from the US so i don't think i can take it bk plus i've opened the case now.

Bit pissed off about it :s

Any ideas anyone??

buy a new oem headphone jack and install it your self. i have to do it. im just to lazy. lol

edit: I DID NOT TRY PUTTING CHARGER INTO MY HEADPHONE JACK THOUGH lol... i just had an adapter in and punched it on accident while driving it messed the stuff on the inside.
    Last edited by cursive08; 2008-03-19 at 01:07 AM.

Have already purchased an OEM heaphone jack flex cable, tried it and the bugger still don't work!

no no no...

go into ebay.com

type in iphone headphone jack

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cursive08 View Post
    buy a new oem headphone jack and install it your self. i have to do it. im just to lazy. lol

edit: I DID NOT TRY PUTTING CHARGER INTO MY HEADPHONE JACK THOUGH lol... i just had an adapter in and punched it on accident while driving it messed the stuff on the inside.
    I'm usually pretty good w electronics, but I looked up that part, and it does NOT look easy... How do you take the iphone apart anywho?

BTW, Where can I find headphones that plug into the charger of the phone? My headphone jack is messed up too, and I'm sure they make them, bc sound comes out of it for the docks so...
    Last edited by neezy; 2008-03-19 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i made a thread called something like fixing a broken ringer/silent switch and it discusses how to do this. The OEM Headphone jack is part of the ringer switch, so you would do the exact same thing. Just look it up, i have it posted here.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

neezy (2008-03-19)