Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade, JB, and Unlock

Red face Upgrade, JB, and Unlock
    Hello, I've been playing (U/JB) with my old IPhone before. Now I have my sister's old 2G which is at 3.0 I want to upgrade to 3.1.2, and then Jailbreak and Unlock. I'm pretty sure know the steps, but I want to make sure first. So tell me if I am doing this correct.
    1. Download 3.1.2 IPSW
    2. Open ITunes (I guess version doesn't matter [ver 9 or ver 10]
    3. Click Shift+Restore and select the 3.1.2 firmware.
    4. After the phone is updated it will be locked.
    5. Use RedSn0w 0.8 to JB & Unlock pointing to the 3.1.2 firmware and the BL3.9 and BL4.6 Bootloader files.
    6. Wait for the Magic... At this time all will be done. Right?

Thank you

You are correct sir and you should befine to unlock and everything good luck let me know if you need help

Ok, I guess I'm forgetting something. IShift+restore to 3.1.2 successfully, but when browsing for the ipws file on RedSn0w 0.8 it is saying "Unable to recognize specified firmware" If I'm not mistaken I have to point redSn0w to a different ipsw. Which one? (I have 3.0; 3.0.1; 3.1.2 [and 3.1.3 which its not the one one IPhone]) on my computer.
    Waiting for reply, Thank you.

HOLD ON!!!!.... Shouldn't I use RedSn0w 0.9 for this JB\Unlock??.... hmmmmm.... Westerman... then you Agree with my steps, which they are wrong at step #5... :P

I downloaded RedSn0w 0.9 It recognized the 3.1.2 firmware, but when I click next it crash at "Preparing Jailbreak Data" Dialog Window when the progress bar is in "Downloading epoch change boot environment: 100%"
    Why always happens this things to me? I am the only one having troubles with every single phone, software, etc... >8(
    Last edited by Davesdream; 2010-11-25 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Lol sorry all the different redsn0ws confuse me lol. But atleast you got it. You seemed like you knew what you were talking about. My bad

Anyone can give me a link to RedSn0w 9? Seems like every single one I found on Internet takes me to a 404 NOT FOUND page, and the one I have for some reason crash after successfully identify the ipsw.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGG... If I try RedSn0w 0.9.4 it recognize the file but again crash in "Downloading ramdisk with baseband firmware: 93%"
    WHY THINGS THAT SHOULD GO SMOOTH TO ANYONE ALWAYS GIVE ME HARD TIME????
    AHGGGGGGGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

What The Hell... I don't want headaches, so I restore to 3.1.3 which I'm familiar with the process... and everything went smooth... I have one questions though. What is the check mark "Already pwned" in RedSn0w for??? Isaw to different guides and in one is telling you to check "Install Cydia", "Unlock", and "Already Pwned" (BTW I've notice if you check it in that order the Cydia option is deselected after selecting "pwned", so you have to check it again) and on the other guide only tells you to select Cydia and Unlock.
    Last edited by Davesdream; 2010-11-25 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost