Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia update notice for Substrate update

Unhappy Cydia update notice for Substrate update
    Hi My Name is Sheamarie,

I had an update in Cydia for something called "Substrate". So I updated. Now my phone has the apple logo (has been like this for about 2hrs). Sometimes that little spinning wheel starts, but then after awhile it stops. Then phone flashes a couple of times then returns to apple logo.

I have an 3g iPhone with the 4.1 firmware jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b2. I had just finished uninstalling a multitasking app after which I got the update badge.

I am not familiar with all of the jargon or all of the troubleshooting techniques so I didn't want to make matters worse by pushing on buttons. I can follow instructions if someone is willing to be patient with me and explain the process of fixing my iphone. Can someone be kind enough to help me out? I would really appreciate your expertise.

Thanking you in advance,

Sheamarie

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I know there was a mobile substrate update for 4.2.1 compatibility. I hope it didnt mess with 4.1. But sounds like that may be the case.

Is there a solution?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

My phone is stuck on Apple logo also

Thanks

Looks like Saurik may have taken it offline now to stop anyone else doing it.

Thanks

Yea there are some major issues going on...

Thanks

Some people say it has worked fine on 4.1

Thanks

Guess it's a hit or miss thing then. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Looks like a lot of people are going to be restoring.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am on 4.1 on the I4 and it worked fine. Did you press "Reboot Device" in Cydia? I cycled the phone using the power button.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed the update on my 3G Touch (4.1) and I haven't had any problems. I used the "Reboot Device" button in Cydia.
    Last edited by 5h4d0w; 2010-11-23 at 03:39 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

im on i4 with 4.1 and mine is doing fine. i pushed the reboot device button in cydia.

How do I get past the apple to DFU mode so I can try and restore in iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I am on 4.1 on the I4 and it worked fine. Did you press "Reboot Device" in Cydia? I cycled the phone using the power button.
    How do I get past the apple to recovery mode/dfu so I can restore
    Last edited by Sheamarie50; 2010-11-23 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hold the home and power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button until the phone shows up in itunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am in the same boat with the reboot/respring loop. Updated MobileSubstrate this morning, and rebooted using the Cydia button and phone has been cycling through reboot, frozen lockscreen, respring, frozen lockscreen and reboot, etc... Is there anyway to fix this without restoring? I know it's early but what are the chances of not needing to restore?

Finally got it into recovery mode!

Quote Originally Posted by zap1027 View Post
    I am in the same boat with the reboot/respring loop. Updated MobileSubstrate this morning, and rebooted using the Cydia button and phone has been cycling through reboot, frozen lockscreen, respring, frozen lockscreen and reboot, etc... Is there anyway to fix this without restoring? I know it's early but what are the chances of not needing to restore?
    I was hoping the same thing. I truly don't want to restore, but if I must then I must.
    Last edited by Sheamarie50; 2010-11-23 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamarie50 View Post
    Finally got it into recovery mode!

I was hoping the same thing. I truly don't want to restore, but if I must then I must.
    Were you able to kick it out of recovery and is everything working fine? Or did you end up restoring? Unfortunately, I tried multiple things before heading to work this morning to fix it but wasn't able to, so I'm now stuck at work and just hoping if I do get it into recovery that I can use TinyUmbrella to just kick it out and everything will be ok.

Yes and No. Went through all the step for restoring in iTunes. Then received error "There was an error in iTunes Store. Please try again later" So now I'm sitting in recovery mode (I think) The USB and iTunes logo are displayed on phone. Is that safe?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamarie50 View Post
    Yes and No. Went through all the step for restoring in iTunes. Then received error "There was an error in iTunes Store. Please try again later" So now I'm sitting in recovery mode (I think) The USB and iTunes logo are displayed on phone. Is that safe?
    Have you tried running TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode? The USB and iTunes logo indicate you are in recovery mode, so hopefully, you should be able to kick it out using TinyUmbrella. Let me know if it works for you, I won't be able to try it out until I get off work

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zap1027 For This Useful Post:

mj0528 (2010-11-23)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast