Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia update notice for Substrate update

Do we know if it is safe to update yet?

Im not wanting to go to 4.2.1 until JB is untethered

Is anyone experiencing a problem within iTunes. My phone has been restored to factory settings, however, once phone goes through it's last reboot function I receive an error message saying that there is a problem within the iTunes store. Any feedback welcomed......

where do I find tiny umbrella?
    Last edited by Sheamarie50; 2010-11-23 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, I don't think any of the newer gen iDevices are able to update to 4.2.1 yet without risking a tethered jailbreak. But if you run TinyUmbrella, you can just kick it out of recovery, it won't automatically update you to 4.2.1. Has anyone else tried this that can confirm once you kicked it out recovery, everything was ok without needing to restore?

You can find TinyUmbrella here:
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

But make sure you read and follow the instructions, but I find it pretty straightforward.
    Last edited by zap1027; 2010-11-23 at 06:25 PM.

What version crashed your iPhones? Is the one that's in Cydia now safe?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I got mine working. You need to ssh in and remove mobilesubstrate or rename the dynamiclibraries folder

Not worth the upgrade then? Not if it means you have to lose all your mobile substrates?

Thanks

Well thats just to get people who are stuck. Give me a few minutes. Im close to finding which extension is causing this headache

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

zap1027 (2010-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamarie50 View Post
    Yes and No. Went through all the step for restoring in iTunes. Then received error "There was an error in iTunes Store. Please try again later" So now I'm sitting in recovery mode (I think) The USB and iTunes logo are displayed on phone. Is that safe?
    You need to edit your host file so your not redirecting gs.apple.com to 127.0.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I got mine working. You need to ssh in and remove mobilesubstrate or rename the dynamiclibraries folder
    Thanks, I tried but wasn't able to ssh in, I'm using winscp but the connection kept getting rejected so I wasn't able to get in. I also tried DiskAid in between reboots, (reboot, respring, reboot, respring, etc..), but I wasn't sure if I should completely remove MobileSubstrate or replace it with the previous version. Not to mention, the rebooting loop didn't give me enought time to really look around and try to figure things out. Hopefully, you can come up with the faulty extension & I will try again this evening.

Thanks

The issue is Music Controls. The dev knows about the issue and is pushing a fix right now.

If you are stuck in the boot loop, try to ssh into /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and remove all of these:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Simon (2010-11-23), zap1027 (2010-11-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great, I will try this as soon as I get home this evening. This is a relief, definitely did was not looking forward to restoring.

Wicked stuff, I just safely upgraded and all is fine my iPhone 4. Good find Stealth

Quote Originally Posted by mrlaugh01 View Post
    You need to edit your host file so your not redirecting gs.apple.com to 127.0.0.1
    Thank you so much for responding. I remember how to get in but I can't seem to open as administrator so when I close I won't get message "you don't have permission".

can you walk me through the steps?

Please don't get mad at me.....but, how do I ssh into library/mobilestrate/dynamicslibrary?

I've never through any of this madness before. I need help figuring this out. how do I get into hosts file as administrator?
    Last edited by Sheamarie50; 2010-11-23 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by zap1027 View Post
    Thanks, I tried but wasn't able to ssh in, I'm using winscp but the connection kept getting rejected so I wasn't able to get in. I also tried DiskAid in between reboots, (reboot, respring, reboot, respring, etc..), but I wasn't sure if I should completely remove MobileSubstrate or replace it with the previous version. Not to mention, the rebooting loop didn't give me enought time to really look around and try to figure things out. Hopefully, you can come up with the faulty extension & I will try again this evening.
    Go get Phone Disk
    It's free till December
    For Mac or PC

Just Google search it

It will mount your iDevice like a hard drive and you can look at all the files just like SSH except YOU DON'T NEED A PASSWORD

idk if you need openssh installed or not

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

zap1027 (2010-11-23)

Unhappy Stuck in Recovery

I've done everything I know how to and Other's suggestions (Thanks Guys) but I'm stuck in recovery mode. I even tried using TU, I have all of my ssh files and then I found out that iTunes updated me to 4.2.1, for which TU cannot kick out of recovery.

I don't know what else to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Download the 4.1 firmare and shift-click restore to that.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh shizzz I've updated..
    Everything seems fine so far, looks like I'll leave it on tonight just in case, then update to 4.2 tmz
    If you wna get your phone out of the boot loop try iReb, get it off ih8sn0w.com or use tiny umbrella's "kick out of recovery" button

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Download the 4.1 firmare and shift-click restore to that.
    Thank you very much x98car, and for backup, I've downloaded an old post of yours from 8/22/10. Very detailed instructions. Just what I needed.

Thank you very much. Gotta go to bed now, my today started yesterday (haven't been to sleep) with my postal scale, laptop, and then printer all going loco. And just as I was going to bed I saw I had an update in Cydia and the rest is as they say, history.

You take care, I'll send you a post once I've gotten up and tried your suggestions.

Best regards,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast