Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wall charger/USB cable

Default Wall charger/USB cable
    USB Power Wall Charger+data cable 4 iPhone iPod iTouch - eBay (item 110606135666 end time Dec-01-10 08:36:59 PST)

Will these thing like overcharge my iPhone?

Also is the USB cable and USB charger good as the one that Apple sells you?

When syncing will this USB cable be slower?

Does the build quality feel the same?

It could possibly. I only buy apple approved products either from the apple store or Att stores

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

The charging circuitry for your phone is actually inside the phone. The wall charger is just a dumb 5V power source, so I wouldn't worry about overcharging your phone. I also would imagine it would sync just fine; USB cables that work aren't that expensive to make.

If course it's an ebay listing with limited info and no way to examine the actual product so it's impossible to say for sure. For $1 it's not a huge gamble.

The one accessory I tend to be more wary of getting from 3rd parties is the battery. I know the "official" ones are marked up a lot, but they do actually pay for some testing to (hopefully) make sure your phone doesn't blow up in your face.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^And you get a guaranteed match, instead of one-size-fits-all

So the wall charger won't overcharge my iPhone right?

Also wall charger is faster than charging through the computer?

And finally should I get this product?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen521 View Post
    So the wall charger won't overcharge my iPhone right?
    No.
    Also wall charger is faster than charging through the computer?
    Well, I would think its more convenient to leave it in a wall. Not necessarily faster.
    And finally should I get this product?
    Yes, why not? Its only a dollar and if you need it (or want it) go ahead and buy it.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

So the charging won't be faster on the wall?

So the charging won't be faster on the wall?
    Power on a USB is drawn from the outer 4 lines running in which is why when you look into a USB they are pulled forward just alittle, the other 2 on the inside are for data transfer

So no it doesn't matter if it's a wall outlet, computer, or even a car charger, they should all charge it at the same speed

Something to note is that all iPhones do a fast charge Upto 80% then a stupid trickle charge up to 100% this is posted on Apples website

If this info helps or if it's news to you please thank me for running around reading info on topics like this

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

nitrogen521 (2010-11-23)

Than how come on the charger itself it says like 1A or 0.5A, or 2A?

Bump

USB Power Wall Charger+data cable 4 iPhone iPod iTouch - eBay (item 110606135666 end time Dec-01-10 08:36:59 PST)

Also from my experience USB port are 500ma or .5Amp, but when charging through a wall charger, you still have to connect the USB cable on it. So, will you get .5Amp or 1Amp when charging through the wall? I know these charger are rated for 1Amp. Same thing as Apple OEM Charger
    Last edited by nitrogen521; 2010-11-23 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Logically it's impossible to push more power on a USB device since only 2 pins transfer it, it's probably just a marketing think for people who don't know about the layout of USB's this is also why some external hard-drives give you 2 USB connectors, one for main power and data the other is for if it needs extra power to perform at the correct speed

Well problem is when I see other forum charging their phone, they connect the USB cable on it too. They said when charging through a wall it's around 40% faster than charging through the computer.

The reason there are 2 USB cable are because is that it needs more power. The motherboard can only supply a max of 500ma.

Well problem is when I see other forum charging their phone, they connect the USB cable on it too. They said when charging through a wall it's around 40% faster than charging through the computer.

The reason there are 2 USB cable are because is that it needs more power. The motherboard can only supply a max of 500ma.
    Well my bad there I forgot about that lol
    But a car charger and a wall charger should perform the same

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, most USB ports can supply only 500MA, wall chargers can supply 1000MA.

It's up to the smart battery to accept more .... and only to the max supplied.

It's the same with all battery chargers. slow, slower, or slowest