Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 price vs competition

Default iPhone 4 price vs competition
    Greetings to everyone!

First of all, let me say I love the iPhone, especially the new one.
    Great design, great camera, great touch-screen and my favorite feature iOS (I don't understand why people always compare quantity and never quality, apps on the iPhone look and feel waay better)
    Anyway I'm on the market for my first smartphone, by now I just had an ipod touch that I used with a dumb phone.
    First thing I noticed while researching is that the iPhone costs a lot more than the competition (usually +$200 but sometimes even double). I decided that the candidates would be: Google Nexus One,
    Samsung Galaxy S and of course the iPhone 4.
    I mostly looked around this forum and eBay, on eBay I found that with a bit of luck you can get the Nexus One and Galaxy S for as low as $300, while the cheapest iPhone 4 I found was around $450, with only one problem - a totally shattered screen.
    This seemed impossible to me, sure the iPhone is a higher quality product and being made by Apple high in demand but still, such a price difference is too much for me.

Any ideas why the iPhone is so much more expensive than the competition and if the prices will possible drop ?(I would be willing to wait for a month or so, if it would mean getting it for a reasonable price)
    Otherwise I would have to get an Android, of course there are worse things, but I would still rather have an iPhone

Everyone, thank you in advance

Kind Regards
    Antonio

If you get an iPhone in a contract it's only 199 or 299 if your looking at eBay and craigslist 450-700 dollar range it what your going to be looking at for at least another 7-8 month when apple may release a new product. The other phones are good phones but iPhone is still the top dog in my opinion

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

iPhones are more expensive because they're very high in demand. Why? Don't know...there are a lot of factors. I've seen a lot of people switch to the iPhone or even leave the iPhone for an Android then come back. One guy here actually had an iPhone, got a Samsung Galaxy, and now he wants his iPhone back but has to wait for the new one to come out next year since he spent a load of money on the Galaxy.

My friend went from iPhone 3G to Blackberry to iphone 2G to HTC HD2 to iPhone 4 lol.

A guy friend of mine went from Nexus One to iPhone 4 and loves the iPhone.

There's just something about the iPhone line. Too many androids out there but only one iPhone

It's up to you. Personally, I've had my fair share of phones but the iPhone is my favorite, especially my iPhone 4. I think it's worth the extra $200. If you love your iPod Touch, you'll definitely love the iPhone 4. Prices will probably drop as they already have, but not anything excessive. I saw NIB on Craigslist locally around me when it first came out for $700-$900. But now they've come down to $450-$600. I think that's as cheap as it gets until the new iPhone is releases next year.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

xxtoni (2010-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    iPhones are more expensive because they're very high in demand. Why? Don't know...there are a lot of factors. I've seen a lot of people switch to the iPhone or even leave the iPhone for an Android then come back. One guy here actually had an iPhone, got a Samsung Galaxy, and now he wants his iPhone back but has to wait for the new one to come out next year since he spent a load of money on the Galaxy.

My friend went from iPhone 3G to Blackberry to iphone 2G to HTC HD2 to iPhone 4 lol.

A guy friend of mine went from Nexus One to iPhone 4 and loves the iPhone.

There's just something about the iPhone line. Too many androids out there but only one iPhone

It's up to you. Personally, I've had my fair share of phones but the iPhone is my favorite, especially my iPhone 4. I think it's worth the extra $200. If you love your iPod Touch, you'll definitely love the iPhone 4. Prices will probably drop as they already have, but not anything excessive. I saw NIB on Craigslist locally around me when it first came out for $700-$900. But now they've come down to $450-$600. I think that's as cheap as it gets until the new iPhone is releases next year.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer
    Guess I'll just have to save up and get the 4 then