Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's the dangers of case swapping?

Default What's the dangers of case swapping?
    Okay so I found a booth in a mall lastnight which said "Profesional iPhone Screen Repair" so I went up to him and asked if he has a white front and back (iphone4obv) and he opened his draw with a key and it was like secretly hided but there it was, I was amazed.

He said he could do it for $150 (Omg, the front, back and installation for $150?)

I got his card, he said it would take a hour because it's tricky with the 4.

What's the dangers of case swapping? everything should still work the same right? the screen is still retina and will show the same right? multitouch and stuff would still work?

I didn't ask if I would get to keep my black incasing so I would have to ask I guess (I should keep them just incase something happened in the future right?)

Do you guys think anything could go wrong? he was a old looking guy and he looked like he knew what he was doing.

EDIT: Do u guys think the camera would be affected? or was the just a stupid reason for apple?
    Last edited by DJ NiveK; 2010-11-21 at 05:02 PM.

Ya thats around the correct cost... but if he messes up there is no warranty to fix it, you might wanna get him to sign some contract or something. Also there is no telling what kind of damage it may do in the long run... and if you ever need to replace your iPhone via Apple your warranty would be voided cuz they obviously can tell you tampered with it...

It's void warranty when you switch it to white. And as-long as the guy knows what he is doing there no risk on the switch it's self tho. Also if the guy does his research he can fix the flash issue its just a little piece. Look at the quality of the parts before the switch if you decide to do it.

But ain't the warranty void when people jailbreak? I've been void since August. The parts looked EXACTLY like the black parts just white (Apple logo, iPhone name FCC etc.)

and what do u mean flash issue? so there will be a problem with my camera if I switch?

Thanks for the responses guys!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ NiveK View Post
    But ain't the warranty void when people jailbreak? I've been void since August. The parts looked EXACTLY like the black parts just white (Apple logo, iPhone name FCC etc.)

and what do u mean flash issue? so there will be a problem with my camera if I switch?

Thanks for the responses guys!
    No jb doesn't void since you can restore to factory settings. And it can possibly ruin your flash. They have to reinstall the flash shield an it should fix it