Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1st gen iPhone

Default 1st gen iPhone
    Hi all, new here. I have two 3GS and one 1st gen (what's up with the 2G thing?)... Anyway, I really like all three of the phones but I seem to like carrying the 2G more. I guess I like the weight/feel and the more contrast in the screen.

It seems this site has all but written off the 1st gen. I can understand why but perhaps there can be a 1st gen forum for those who aren't ready to trash the phone just yet? Just a thought.

But what I really need help with is sending messages via MMS on the 1st gen with 3.1.3... Seems like I can only find info on 3.1.2. Any help out there?

Thanks!

Install bite sms i believe you can send pics that way on a 2g.... MMi has not written off the 2g iphone its just that its sort of a died technology and out dated. Yes with out it we probably wouldn't be where we are today but apple has gone way past in technology that a 2g can handle. If you like the weight of the 2g compared to the 3gs's then maybe you need to get your hands on an ip4

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

We call it 2G because of the data it uses on cellular networks. Yes it is technically a 1G (first generation) iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    We call it 2G because of the data it uses on cellular networks. Yes it is technically a 1G (first generation) iPhone.
    Oh and that too lol

Thanks

have you held the iphone 4 yet? I was always a fan of how the 1st gen felt, but i have to say, iphone 4 is better to me. just a suggestion.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Install bite sms i believe you can send pics that way on a 2g.... MMi has not written off the 2g iphone its just that its sort of a died technology and out dated. Yes with out it we probably wouldn't be where we are today but apple has gone way past in technology that a 2g can handle. If you like the weight of the 2g compared to the 3gs's then maybe you need to get your hands on an ip4
    I thought about that but I am waiting on the ip5... I just hate to see how fast they update the phone right now. Yes, I think the next version is the one I want

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    have you held the iphone 4 yet? I was always a fan of how the 1st gen felt, but i have to say, iphone 4 is better to me. just a suggestion.
    Yes, I have heard that and I probably would be happy with it - but my 3GSs work fine - I can wait for the next generation

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Like I said, I understand why people have moved on... I just think the phone is a good basic phone - I don't mind that it can't do everything the later ones can do. That's why I have my two 3GSs as well. But I think I will wait for ip5.

But maybe a separate 2G (1st gen) sub forum would be a good idea? Just a thought.
    Last edited by gagekko; 2010-11-21 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    I have and it feels like it's going to fall out of my hand it's to slick