Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can not access update for apps

Default Can not access update for apps
    Hi. I have an iPhone 3GS running on iOS 4.02 jailbroken with Snowbreeze 2.1. About three days ago, my phone was no longer able to contact the iTunes store only for App updates. It can search and download new apps, but not automatic updates. This occurs on wifi and on 3G. I tried to reset network settings, then all settings, then finally resorting to restoring my phone. When I restored my phone, I was able to get updates again. Oddly, when I tried to restore my phone, only a few apps installed. About 95%-97% of my apps remained on the computer. When I reinstalled all my programs, the problem came back. Is there a way to isolate which program might be causing the problem or is there a more simple solution? Thanks.

By the way, does altering the host file to prevent iTunes from checking Apple's signature for the firmware also prevent the iTunes from getting updates for the apps?
    Last edited by Curious D; 2010-11-19 at 08:05 PM.

Some apps when updated will only allow the update on the newest firmware available that being 4.1. Apple is getting sneaky like that now. I dont know of away around it other than just updating to 4.1

I was able to fix the issue by Reseting/changing my iTunes password then I could update on my iPhone again
    PS after you change your password log out on both devices(computer & iDevice) then log back in

I actually changed my iTunes password to the current iTunes password and it took it

it's weird iTunes says it needs at least 8 letter password but it will accept a 7 letter

Please thank me on site if this works else keep talking

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curious D View Post
    By the way, does altering the host file to prevent iTunes from checking Apple's signature for the firmware also prevent the iTunes from getting updates for the apps?
    No. They are different.