Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Apps closing randomly

Default Problem with Apps closing randomly
    Does it the most when I get a new text and I press the "messages" app, it will bring up the messages then close it right back out and Ill have to hit it again. Also has happened with the pandora app.

Please help, thanks!
    Terry

Thanks

Is your phone constantly low on memory? Free up most of the background apps (only keep the necessary ones) and see if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Is your phone constantly low on memory? Free up most of the background apps (only keep the necessary ones) and see if that makes a difference.
    What do you mean by the background apps? Sorry Im new to this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP123 View Post
    Anyone?
    Open up SBSettings and go to processes. Close out anything unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by brantheman216 View Post
    Open up SBSettings and go to processes. Close out anything unnecessary.
    Ok pulled that up and all that is on there is "phone,mail and safari". That's not alot is it?

What iPhone is this?

If it's a 3G or 2G then this makes since if it's a 3GS then somethings wrong

What firmware are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    What iPhone is this?

If it's a 3G or 2G then this makes since if it's a 3GS then somethings wrong

What firmware are you on?
    3gs 3.1.3

It sounds like you need it carrier unlocked that's why your still on 3.1.3

4.1 is more stable but not unlockable
    You can update to 4.2 this week or next week the unlock and jailbreak should follow about a week later if my information is right

So to be safe stay on your current 3.1.3 and come ask on MMI when the unlock for 4.3 is out so u can update to it when it's out

Plead thank me on site if I've helped or given you more knowledge else ask away

You could do a delete Daemons which would delete all unneeded languages which has been said to increase ram by about 30-40 more MB it was in cydia but by now it's probably gone so ou would have to install it manually and there are plenty of guides out there for that

Also delete/uninstall all winterboard themes that your not using it seams to help some and all other cydia items

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

TerryP123 (2010-11-19)

Thanks man. The reason I have stayed on 3.1.3 is just preference really. All my friends phones that have updated to any of the newer firmwares are slower than mine. Mostly as far as opening apps. This is literally the only problem this phone has given me so far.

I'm on 4.1 3GS 16gig and it's 5x faster then a 3G but I can't relate to 3.1.3 cause back then I had a 3G only

I had my 3G up to 4.0 then trade a sucker for a 3GS for free same gigs and it's white like my old one, he needed an unlock

Yes I know 3GS has more ram thus faster

Yeah 3g is very slow. Literally every other 3gs I've had in my hand is slower than mine so I decided not to update. Only phones I've seen pull up faster were the iPhone 4's of course.

I just got some advice last night from a friend to restore 3.1.3 on the phone. Is this good advice you think?

Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet but I did accidently figure out a way to make it stop! When the messages app is left running in proswitcher, the problem doesn't happen.

So now the question is, how do I set the messages app to run permanently on proswitcher like the "phone" and "mail" apps?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP123 View Post
    Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet but I did accidently figure out a way to make it stop! When the messages app is left running in proswitcher, the problem doesn't happen.

So now the question is, how do I set the messages app to run permanently on proswitcher like the "phone" and "mail" apps?
    SwitcherPlus might be able to help with that it's in Cydia

You can tell it to close all apps but certain ones

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    SwitcherPlus might be able to help with that it's in Cydia

You can tell it to close all apps but certain ones
    So I searched switcherplus in cydia but are all the ones listed for software other than 3.1.3? They say they are for 4.xx but if
    I download it will it know that I am on 3.1.3?

Well yeah constant running in background happened since 4.x unless your using Backgrounder

Phone and Mail are always running since like 1.1.4 or even lower

I have backgrounder and proswitcher and I use them both. What I'm asking tho is it looks like all the switcherplus apps on cydia are for 4.xx softwares. If I download it will it work on my 3.1.3?

Well it either will or won't, it might not even let u download it, nuthin to lose I'd say try it

Nope didn't work lol. I'm about to just upgrade to the new firmware I guess. I just hope it doesn't slow the phone down too much.