Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i've joined the dark side.

Default i've joined the dark side.
    after having my iphone for 2 years, my contract with at&t was up. rather than renew, i decided to shop around. as i'm sure most of you know, at&t isn't exactly known for being the cheapest... especially when you have an iphone. i was paying roughly $130 a month with them, and i wanted to bring that down a bit. i ended up going with t-mobile. they're quite a lot cheaper for the exact same features. originally, the plan was to unlock my iphone to run on their network, but after using the android stuff for a few weeks now, i've got to admit... i REALLY like it! it's so much faster and responsive than my iphone is, and the features that it comes with from the factory required me to jailbreak my iphone. don't get me wrong, when i jailbroke my iphone, i was really excited to have those badass features on my iphone, but it what still really slow. i can't say for sure that i'll ever get back into an iphone in the future. i'm really digging this android stuff for now. with that said, i need to sell my iphone. anyone want a jb'd 3g 8gig?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

No wonder your iPhone was so slow.. It was only a 8 gig.

The iPhone 3G is essentially the original iPhone hardware with a 3G radio added. You're comparing technology that was state of the art three years ago to technology today. Of course the older hardware is going to be slower than the hardware in a phone that was sold today. This is like saying you're switching to a PC because the iMac you bought in 2000 is too slow. What you should be doing is comparing the speed of an iPhone 4 to an Android device.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MacDevil7334 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-11-17)

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    The iPhone 3G is essentially the original iPhone hardware with a 3G radio added. You're comparing technology that was state of the art three years ago to technology today. Of course the older hardware is going to be slower than the hardware in a phone that was sold today. This is like saying you're switching to a PC because the iMac you bought in 2000 is too slow. What you should be doing is comparing the speed of an iPhone 4 to an Android device.
    while I see your point, and its a good one, speed is just a bonus. The main reason I switched was the price. While I could buy an iPhone 4 and unlock it, i'd still have to actually buy the phone. It's going ro be a whike till they come down In price enough for me to even justify buying one.
    Last edited by turboranger91; 2010-11-17 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turboranger91 View Post
    while I see your point, and its a good one, speed is just a bonus. The main reason I switched was the price. While I could buy an iPhone 4 and unlock it, i'd still have to actually buy the phone. It's going ro be a whike till they come down In price enough for me to even justify buying one.
    And by the time that happens, the iPhone4 will be as outdated as your 3G.

This is an iPhone site, so of course you are going to get the iPhone > Andriod responses.

Honestly, I have an iPhone and an Android device. Both have thier high points and low points, and in the end, it's really user preference. Enjoy your Android, they are a very good, very capable phone.

That's your problem your outdated iPhone 3G is the slowest iPhone out get the iPhone 4 then you'll be good way faster.

So what android did u get? Mytouch 4G? How is it?

Actually I went with the mytouch 3g. It was considerably cheaper. I've played with the 4g quite a bit, and it makes me really want one. It's a Damn nice phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    So what android did u get? Mytouch 4G? How is it?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrecked77 View Post
    No wonder your iPhone was so slow.. It was only a 8 gig.
    Are you aware what the 8gb means? It's hard drive size, nothing to do with speed

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!