Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime Problem

Default Facetime Problem
    I purchased my iphone 4 from the US via at&t but since i dont live there i jailbroke it with limera1n and unlocked it with ultrasnow. I recall facetime was working well when i was in the us but when i got to Sudan i wasnt able to activate facetime hence my carrier supports international sms.
    I tried every single method stated in the internet but nothing worked. Will facetime work on all jailbroken iphones bought from the us on other unofficial carriers? or is it a model thing that restricts it from activating. Is my only hope mitime?

I've spent alot of hours researching with no luck. Can someone out there help me out. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It depends on the carrier you are using it with. I know they can work on certain unofficial carriers without doing anything but on some they wont. MiTime may be your only shot but even that isnt a guarantee. I think there was a free tweak on cydia on the bigboss repo but not sure if that applies to your situation.

I know someone who brought an iphone 4 from Europe and facetime seems to work so i would say my carrier do support this service.
    The thing with mitime is cant activate it on 4.1 since am willing to pay its fee. I suppose if i downgrade to 4.0.2 (factory firmware) would help but then am also having problems downgrading even though i followed steps needed. Thanks for ur response X98car