Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Totally Random Brick?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Totally Random Brick?
    Ok, so, today while listening to some music, my iPod Touch started stuttering, so I quit the music.app, and freed up memory is SBsettings. It went back to normal, until I opened another app (Facebook). The stuttering came back, so I rebooted the device (hold power button -> slide to power off) and when I tried to turn it back on, I got the Apple Logo with a spinner. Eventually the spinner stops spinning, but I never get to the Springboard... I have SSH access, which I used to make sure all the System files, Daemons, and other things were still there, they were, so I don't know what went wrong.

I haven't installed anything new in a couple of weeks. And all the tweaks I have say they are compatible with 4.1.

Probably going to have to restore, right?

PS. Ipod was bought in early august. I don't know how long the warranty lasts.

EDIT: I ran "top" through an SSH Terminal, springboard isn't listed.

I also moved into the SpringBoard.app folder and ran "./SpringBoard" and it spat out an error about a watchdog server and that a previous instance of this service was hung in the debugger.
    Last edited by 5h4d0w; 2010-11-16 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks

Hmm. Have you installed any new tweaks or mods lately?

I think yes, your best bet would be to restore. SSH into your phone and save any important items so you won't lose them.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

There used to be a method where you could take watchdog off, let the phone boot, then put it back on. This was a while ago though, not sure if that would help you or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I just restored it. Now to wait 30 mins for all my music/apps to transfer over... Yay