Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G camera woes

Default iPhone 3G camera woes
    I currently have m brothers old 3G. He got rid of it because the microphone assembly didn't work. I ordered the part, took the phone apart and everything worked fine, or so I thought. Turns out when I was reinstalling the mainboard I pinched the camera ribbon cable an tore it ever so slightly that when I opened camera app the shutter would open and te screen would be green/purple.
    Now I also have a 3GS with parts ( the mainboard is burnt out) and I read online that the 3GS camera is plug n play withe the 3G. So I pulled the 3GS cAmera along with the camera housing and swapped it to the 3G. It plugged right in and fit, so of course I thought it Would work. When I turned the phone on I opened the camera app and sure enough the shutter wouldn't open.

Now I've tried restoring and reinstalling the camera to make sure it was fully plugged in.

Is there any software fix I need to make the iPhone recognize a different camera? Or were people lying when they said it would work? Any insight at all on this issue is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Cokeisgood00; 2010-11-16 at 08:39 PM.