Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help w/ plugging in after computer restore...

Default Help w/ plugging in after computer restore...
    Hi all! My hard drive crashed (XP) and I had to completly restore it, all new, so my iPhone backup files are gone. (I have a 3G on TMo). Anyways, if I plug it into iTunes now, is it going to ask me to set it up as a new phone, and if so, will I lose all the apps on it (yes, Itunes is linked to my account)....or do I just have to do the "check for available downloads" option? Also, is it possible to transfer the music/photos I have on my phone onto the newly restored computer?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I just don't wanna mess up my phone (again) by plugging it in to essentially what is a 'new' computer. Thanks!

Read fully before proceeding

If your iPhone is running then you will be fine, install the newest iTunes right click on your device and click Transfer Purchase From iPhone that way it doesn't delete your apps, and right click again telling it to back up, now uncheck music and every other one such as movies, contacts, etc(if you don't iTunes will remove it from your iPhone) now and only now click sync

There are ways to transfer your contacts back I forget what they are right now

Please thank me insure if I've helped/given you knowledge else ask away

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

eirefire22 (2010-11-15)