Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not receiving calls on my iphone 3gs

Default Not receiving calls on my iphone 3gs
    I have an issue with my iphone 3gs. Im running on 4.1 with baseband 05.13.04. I can receive some of my friend calls, but not everyone. Does this mean i have to replace my antenna? Or is there anyway i can fix this issue?
    Last edited by vietboi90; 2010-11-15 at 01:00 AM.

This seems like a problem with your cell reception. Since your not on the iPhone 4 it isn't an antenna problem. You should probably go somewhere with better service, unlock and switch carriers, get an one of those mini cell receptors from AT&T or call them and see if there is a problem
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I have full bars with T-mobile.
    Last edited by vietboi90; 2010-11-15 at 12:32 AM.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vietboi90 View Post
    I have full bars with T-mobile.
    Reset network settings and reboot !

If unlocked and this does not work I would re jailbreak and set up as new phone. This is the best way to avoid all issues.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Whenever i reset network on my iphone, I can only receive the first call.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Reset network settings and reboot !

If unlocked and this does not work I would re jailbreak and set up as new phone. This is the best way to avoid all issues.
    If your jailbroken or unlocked NEVER RESET NETWORK SETTINGS you will have to restore almost everytime and possible brick your unlock until the next Unlock is released

I would more so guess it's something you installed have you tried safe mode from sbsettings? If the problem isn't presenting itself in safe mode then it's a cydia package you have installed, to find the solution simply open SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons and turn everything off and turn a couple on then exit the app it should respring repeat process until problem package is found, now turn it back ON respring then uninstall it in cydia, you must turn it back on before uninstalling otherwise parts of it will stay on your iPhone causing more problems

Please thank me on site if I've helped /given you more knowledge else ask away

Please post the problem app if you find one so we don't have the same problems later
    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Well first read my last post most likely the solution is there

But are you sure ppl are trying to call you? Lol jk

I have problems when my dad trys to call me he has at&t Blackberry they tend to trip up calls from blackberry to iPhone or vise Versa

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    If your jailbroken or unlocked NEVER RESET SETTINGS you will have to restore almost everytime and possible brick your unlock until the next Unlock is released

I would more so guess it's something you installed have you tried safe mode from sbsettings? If the problem isn't presenting itself in safe mode then it's a cydia package you have installed, to find the solution simply open SBSettings->More->Mobile Substrate Addons and turn everything off and turn a couple on then exit the app it should respring repeat process until problem package is found, now turn it back ON respring then uninstall it in cydia, you must turn it back on before uninstalling otherwise parts of it will stay on your iPhone causing more problems

Please thank me on site if I've helped /given you more knowledge else ask away

Please post the problem app if you find one so we don't have the same problems later
    If you read the post it says NETWORK settings. Not reset settings.

Good idea to try and find problem app. But like I said if you re Jailbreak and set up as new phone. This solves 99% of problems as restoring from back up can mess the jailbreak up. I know it's a pain in the **** to put all phone numbers in again but better to have a clean jailbreak.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    If you read the post it says NETWORK settings. Not reset settings.

Good idea to try and find problem app. But like I said if you re Jailbreak and set up as new phone. This solves 99% of problems as restoring from back up can mess the jailbreak up. I know it's a pain in the **** to put all phone numbers in again but better to have a clean jailbreak.
    i meant to say network settings or even settings in general because this usually messes up ppl after they have jailbroken so they have to restore

I tried to do ur method, BenderRodriguez and it didnt work. Any other suggestion by side restoring the iphone?

I tried to do ur method, BenderRodriguez and it didnt work. Any other suggestion by side restoring the iphone?
    Did you try safe mode?

Yea, it didnt work

If it happens in safe mode then there is no way to get it working without restoring and i would guess when you backup your iPhone it backs up the problem so restore as a new phone and not from backup and do it quick because 4.2 is about to come out

I restored my iphone with a custom firmware. i finally found what cause my iphone from not receiving any calls. Some how the cellular data roaming effects my iphone from not receiving any calls. I want to leave it on, so i can search through the web on my phone. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

I restored my iphone with a custom firmware. i finally found what cause my iphone from not receiving any calls. Some how the cellular data roaming effects my iphone from not receiving any calls. I want to leave it on, so i can search through the web on my phone. Is there anyway to fix this problem?
    Well that totally makes since
    Cellar Data is Edge
    Data Roaming- it says turn off when your abroad I guess that means over seas or in another country/Continent