Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Notifier+

  1. #1
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England (leeds)
    Posts
    1,615
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

    Default Notifier+
    Hi

    Just a quick two questions for you all ?

    1. I have just installed Notifier+ and I want it to just show the little icons on the lock screen. i.e I don't want it to say you have a missed all from ???? I know you can hide the text preview does anyone know how you can stop it showing the missed call info or is there a tweak in Cydia.

    2. I want to add springboard to my multitasking. As I don't know a way to get to the springboard when multitasking ? Can somebody tell me if it is possible.

    Thanks guys
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    1. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but if you mean you want to simply have the little call icon on the screen and not the blue box that says who called, then you can use Popup Blocker. That'll allow you to remove popups from anywhere, including the lock screen.

    2. To go to the springboard while multitasking, simply click the home button once. The apps are left in a kind of pause state in any case so it's no different going from one app to another than it is going from an app to the springboard.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

    Richard (2010-11-15)

  4. #3
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England (leeds)
    Posts
    1,615
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    1. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but if you mean you want to simply have the little call icon on the screen and not the blue box that says who called, then you can use Popup Blocker. That'll allow you to remove popups from anywhere, including the lock screen.

    2. To go to the springboard while multitasking, simply click the home button once. The apps are left in a kind of pause state in any case so it's no different going from one app to another than it is going from an app to the springboard.
    Thanks for the info.

    Popup blocker is what i wanted

    Regarding Multitasking. i know you just single tap to get to home screen (normally) but i am using multi clean as i hate loads of stuff running in the back ground uses too much memory, well i think it does and i dont want to slow my phone down

    so i was asking if there is anyway to get home screen on the multitask bar (double tapping home button)

    Thanks

    And let me know you opinion on EVERYTHING running in the back ground ?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

  5. #4
    I always forget to close stuff off and never noticed a prob. I use SBSettings so I can monitor mem and even with 20 apps open I still got over 200mb of mem left so I wouldn't worry. I'm using iPhone 4 4.1 32gb jailbroken and unlocked

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Regarding Multitasking. i know you just single tap to get to home screen (normally) but i am using multi clean as i hate loads of stuff running in the back ground uses too much memory, well i think it does and i dont want to slow my phone down

    so i was asking if there is anyway to get home screen on the multitask bar (double tapping home button)

    Thanks

    And let me know you opinion on EVERYTHING running in the back ground ?
    Well, apps in the background don't use CPU (unless it's something like Skype or an internet radio app), so in that way they don't cause a slowdown. The OS is set up to release backgrounded apps whenever it needs RAM, so it shouldn't cause a slowdown because of that either. In my opinion, you shouldn't worry about apps in the multitasking bar at all.

    That said, I've only tried using iOS 4.x on the i4 which has plenty of RAM, so I don't know how the other phones feel. What I hear though, is that the 3GS handles things well while some people with 3G phones find that their phones become quicker when they close down backgrounded apps.

    I'm not familiar with multi clean but I do know that there's normally no difference between jumping from one app to another, and going from an app to the springboard. I don't know of a way to get the springboard on the multitasking bar and I doubt there is one because it would seem pointless having it, when simply single tapping the home button achieves the same.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  7. #6
    Is it possible to customize the icon used by Notifier+ ?

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses2 View Post
    Is it possible to customize the icon used by Notifier+ ?
    Not really into theming but I'm pretty sure you can either just SSH in and replace the icon or use a themed icon through Winterboard.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  9. #8
    I focus on changing the icons visible on the lockscreen, but I have not found where they are

  10. #9
    I search to change this icon :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0017.png  

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    I don't know I think you'll have better luck starting up a new thread. Possibly in the themes section, if the site has one of those.

    edit: You don't mean remove the mail icon altogether, right? If not, I don't know.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-11-26 at 11:46 PM.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  12. #11
    Many thank's for your answer

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •