Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recovery loop after drop

Default Recovery loop after drop
    Last night I dropped my iPhone 2g, the home button stopped working. I restarted it to no avail, and when I plugged it into the computer to restore it and see if that helps and it went into a recovery loop. once in a while it went into that emergency mode where you have to register with itunes. I try to avoid a data plan so I just tried to jailbreak it from there and it went back into the recovery loop. I've tried recboot, tinyumbrella,iReb, limera1n, I tried to use redsnow and snowbreeze but they wouldn't recognize any of the several ipsw I downloaded or the ones I pulled from itunes. the phone does go into DFU mode on command (or seems to) so it seems the home button DOES work.

Any help?
    I thought there might be a solution in this case even though my ipod touch which is doing the recovery loop from water damage seems to be hopeless.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

What firmware are you on and what did you try to jailbreak it with?

3.1.3 and I just jailbroke it with redsnow 9.4 but after it finished jailbreaking it restarted and then itunes detected a phone in restore mode again. :-( idk what to do with it

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You may have a hardware issue then. Try a dfu restore and then try jailbreaking again with redsnow. Do you get any errors when restoring?

yeah I got mad and destroyed it. time to upgrade anyways.