Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help pleaseee!!!! Urgent!! Iphone keeps restarting :(

Unhappy Help pleaseee!!!! Urgent!! Iphone keeps restarting :(
    Hi,

I have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 jail broken and if you know it has wifi problems..well it started about couple of weeks ago and today iread somewhere about reseting network settings so i did that and it went to restart and now all i can see is the apple logo and it just goes of for a sec and comes back again and its just stuck at the apple logo...i cant turn it off or put it on dfu mode

HELP PLEASEE!!!

THANKS!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

You are stuck in boot loop. you are going to have to restore. If you dont need unlock just restore to 4.1 and then you can jailbreak again with limera1n or greenpoison.
    If you do need unlock then you can use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to restore to a custom 4.1 so that your baseband will not be updated and you can unlock again.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You are stuck in boot loop. you are going to have to restore. If you dont need unlock just restore to 4.1 and then you can jailbreak again with limera1n or greenpoison.
    If you do need unlock then you can use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to restore to a custom 4.1 so that your baseband will not be updated and you can unlock again.
    thanks for the reply.. im trying to do that but the phone DOESNT go to DFU mode..when i hold home + sleep button it does turn off but then i hold the home button and connect the usb cabe and it just starts up with apple logo and doesnt go beyond it :@

Thanks

To get into dfu mode plug in the iphone then hold the home and power button for 10 seconds. Then release the power button just holding the home button for an additional 10 seconds. Your screen should stay blank.

Also do you have any SHSH for any firmware?

To get into dfu mode plug in the iphone then hold the home and power button for 10 seconds. Then release the power button just holding the home button for an additional 10 seconds. Your screen should stay blank.

Also do you have any SHSH for any firmware?
    erm..i am new to this so i am not sure but i did have a ssh button on my sb settings, and about dfu mode when ever i connect the cable the phone starts up and the apple logos there like in 1 second ..

update..i just managed to get into dfu mode..thanks..but theres no connect to itunes logo on the screen weird :/ and for some reson when i click restore..itunes asking me to update it to 4.1 instead of letting me restore from my backup ? :S
    Last edited by bibekpd; 2010-11-13 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The screen is supposed to be black in dfu mode.

Do you need to unlock or not?

The screen is supposed to be black in dfu mode.

Do you need to unlock or not?
    oh (i am a noob :/ ) ..sorry

erm yh i think it does..because i do remember unlocking it before using limera1n but i suppose it wont work now ?
    Last edited by bibekpd; 2010-11-13 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

So you arent on an official iphone carrier then right?

im on o2..if that helps.

Thanks

If it is an O2 iphone then you will be fine but if it isnt and was software unlocked then you will have to use sn0wbreeze to make a custom 4.1 so that you dont lose your unlock when you restore.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bibekpd (2010-11-13)

Thanks x98car...im currently restoring my phone to 4.1..will contact you again if i need help with jailbreaking using limera1n but ive found few tutorials so it should be fine.

thanks again.

Thanks

I hope you werent unlocked then. Because if you were restoring to regular 4.1 will lock it.

I hope you werent unlocked then. Because if you were restoring to regular 4.1 will lock it.
    it finished restoring to 4.1 and now it backing up my songs and stuff and on the information tab it shows my phone number so that means it works right ? now im going to use limera1n after it finishes backing up...hope i dont brick my phone :/

Thanks

If itunes activated it fine after the restore then yes you are good to go.

just jailbroke it aswell..installing cydia right now...thanks alot man

No prob
    Hey man,

I need your help :/

I need to use another sim with my phone but as you said before its locked on o2..i tried using ultrasn0w 1.1.1 but its only for old bootroom and mines new so it didnt work.

Is it possible to get it unlocked now ive got 4.1 ?

Thanks

ultranow has nothing to do with what bootloader you have. It works depending on what baseband/modem firmware you have. Since you are on 4.1 that means you hace the 5.14.02 baseband which ultrasnow cannot unlock yet. there should be a new unlock for that baseband soon though, probably before the end of the month.