Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A way around 4.1 to 4.2 fw upgrade?

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Default A way around 4.1 to 4.2 fw upgrade?
    Not sure if asked yet but wna know if there is some kinda app we can install that will trick apple into thinking were on 4.2 wen actually were still on 4.1. That way our iPhones dont lock n hafta somehow be rejailbroken.
    Thx in advance

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Possibly. There's one for 3.1.3, don't know if it has been updated past that though. But if not, the upgrade and rejb will have to be done.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you mean by lock?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Nothing will happen to ur phone, the only point in doing that is so that u don't accidentaly update. If u avoid the update button, then u have nothing to worry about. But if u really want to do it, it's just a matter of editing a plist file

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Didn't mean lock. I just meant that if someone accidentally upgraded fw then they are stuck n hafta figure out how to re- jailbreak.
    I personally don't kno how to save all my cydia stuff so it can be put back on my iPhone afterwards so it worries me. That's why I wanted a way to trick it into thinking it's already
    Upgraded to 4.2 instead of my 4.1.
    Thx
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Like someone said there used to be a app called fwchanger or something like that and that's what it did it tricke iTunes to have the most current firmware but it was only available for ios4 for a limited time in cydia. Ive tried messing around with plist files and have not found any luck