Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent question !! re iphone 3gs jailbroken

Default Urgent question !! re iphone 3gs jailbroken
    Hi all, im just wondering if i sell my iphone to my brother , do i have to restore it as he wants to put in his sim card, ok my iphone is a 32gb 3gs and currently jailbroken with Limera1n , all i want to no is there a way i can just sell as it is? as would save me restoring it as its a pain, and he wants it jailbroken, oh im on o2 aswell if that helps, im only asking as i no there are ways out there to sell already jailbroken without restoring but i cant find anything on this question im asking, hope to get some answers soon, and btw im only selling to get the money towards a new iphone 4 !! yippeeee..

Thankyou and regards from brian

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

If you dont want to restore just unsync all your stuff with itunes and delete your contacts manually. Do not use the erase all media and settings in your iphone settings as that will cause you to go into boot loop and have to restore.

Default hi x98car
    Wow and is it as easy as that, ie is that all i need to do, and yes i will need to delete all the songs and apps and data from it and hopefuly without restoring it, so do i simply do what you said and he can put in his o2 sim card without me re-jailbreaking it ? i thought i would have had to do a full restore and re-jailbreak and then sell to my bother, this is good if its as easy as that..

Let me no if you need any more info from me and thankyou from brian P-S Also can i leave what apps he wants on it and any music ? and will this affect the iphone in anyway when he connects it up to a computer and runs itunes? glad you understand what im going on about..
    Last edited by readbmr; 2010-11-11 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks

If you are both on O2 then yes he should just be able to pop his sim in and it will work.

Default Brilliant, just added to my previous post
    Hi xcar, sorry did you see the last bit i just added to my last post re leaving stuff on iphone? cheers again for your help

Brian

Thanks

You can leave your apps and music if you want. However if he has his own itunes account and wants to sync his own stuff it may erase any apps and music you put on and put his on instead.

Default Hi and thankyou
    Hi and thankyou for that, just 1 thing , how do i delete all my contacts manually and also my email accounts ? is that all i need to delete apart from internet wi-fi settings etc ?

Thankyou from brian

Thanks

Your email is easy, just go into settings-mail and delete the accounts. Contacts may take a little more time as you may have to delete each one one at a time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

readbmr (2010-11-11)