Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Push fail on just wifi unless you have an activated phone + sim? Any workaround?

Default Does Push fail on just wifi unless you have an activated phone + sim? Any workaround?
    So I'm noticing that push fails with both bejive and im+.

When browsing around the forums, they say that it's because push always fails if a jailbroken iphone wasn't properly activated.

I don't know if mine was. It has a deactivated sim card from the old owner, and I ran limera1n on it. (ios 4.0) I just use it for wifi at the moment.

Im+ said to connect to itunes? (what does this do for push over wifi only?)

Ok, I connected to itunes and made sure push was on in the settings. still getting the error message and no push over wifi.

I KNOW this should work because about 12 months ago I had a perfectly working jailbroken iphone 3g 3.x that I used for skype and push notifications over wifi.
    Last edited by willpower101; 2010-11-07 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dear follow these instruction
    1. Put your activated sim which you want to use in your iphone.
    2. Now goto iphone setting option and select airplane mode on.
    3. When airplne mode is on. Then turn it off again and quickly goto setting/phone option at the top you will see my number option if it is unknow then put your phone number here with country like 13161234567. Then save it. You must be done it quickly after airplane mode off if you delay then you can't edit my number option.
    3. Now goto iphone settings/general/reset and select reset network setting option. Don't select anyother option. After that your phone will reboot. When it rebooted then plug it with your pc and sync it with itune. You may receive a msg from itune that itune will check carrier update settings press ok button. When sync complete then install any puch enable application like yahoo or im+ instant messenger and check the push service. Hope it will be work.

Press thanks button if it is helpful to you. :-)