Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: theme tutor?

Default theme tutor?
    is there anything or anyone that can tutor me in making themes? I've been looking really close at themes like xhd and elite pro and they're incredible along with keyboards these same people are making, I just don't get how it's done... I'd like to start somewhere maybe make some cool popups and small stuff and work my way up, maybe never a full theme but cool bits

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not really hard, have you any experience with using Photoshop? Or computer graphics/art in general? That's really where you need to start, as for making the theme it's pretty simple you just need to grab an already made theme (try and make it a complete one) and see what images theme what UI elements..
    That's all there is to it

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Does everyone use templates? Let's say I was making a keyboard, where do I begin?

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...eming-4-x.html

Maybe check this post out. It is for 4.x os.
    Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfurnace View Post
    http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...eming-4-x.html

Maybe check this post out. It is for 4.x os.
    Hope it helps
    thanks this does help out,I still have several questions but this is a great start

What version of photoshop should i use... how do I not pay $1000 for it!?

Not sure about the Photoshop thing but I use Gimp. It's free and does everything I need. It has a lot of nice functions and a ton of websites have how to sections for Gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfurnace View Post
    Not sure about the Photoshop thing but I use Gimp. It's free and does everything I need. It has a lot of nice functions and a ton of websites have how to sections for Gimp.
    I have that but I haven't quite figured it out... can't fi d simple functions like cropping... can you make metal finish looks and 3d looking stuff with it? I also can't find anywhere to make simple stuff like square, rectangle, circle and straight lines... that's why I was thinking Photoshop might work out better