Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1011 All the time

Exclamation Error 1011 All the time
    Hi all, Again after letting my phone to turn off itself after making a call, next time I tried to turn on got a whole white screen that then goes to black. I been plugging the phone in ITunes (actually in two different computers and It was recognized (Phone name; disk space; etc), but the damn thing won't turn on. Tried to restore and get err. 1011 (both machines) tried Shift restore and same error. Now ITunes recognize the phone in DFU mode but keeps giving me the error. I tried different IPSW but same thing. I even tried using RecBoot to take it out of DFU, but this program NEVER seems to do anything to me. I am wondering if KILLING any specific process running on the computer prior to Restore will eventually bypass this error. ANY IDEAS??
    Thank you
    FYI IPhone is 2G and I was in 3.1.3
    *Note this crash happened before and I don't know if has something to do with Backgrounder installed

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

When does it get error 1011 at the beginning or near the end of the restore?

2g devices are very forgiving I would try a reinstall with iTunes put the device in dfu and hit shift restore to 3.1.2 should get a error at the end I use idisco to get my device out of recovery mode "the error at the end of restore" but can use tiny umbrella just click exit recovery then must jailbreak to activate

x98Car. Its at the end of the restore. (It takes like 3 or 4 rounds to finish. Preparing Firmware, restoring firmware, verifying firmware...)

Zoolman88. When you say "reinstall" you mean restore? Second the IPhone is already in DFU because when I plug it ITunes pops the window saying it detects an Iphone in recovery mode and needs first to be restore. I will give it a try again with TinyUmbrella.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1011 is a baseband downgrade failure. But the restore was successful. Like zoolman88 said, use TinyUmbrella to kick out if recovery mode. Then you can proceed to jb the device.

Thanks

Ya like Annie said it sounds like the restore is finishing fine except for the baseband. You should be able to use tiny umbrella as zoolman88 suggested or recboot. Either should boot it up.

However I am not sure it is a normal baseband error (at least not the normal 1015 one that most of us are used to seeing) and even if you do get it booted up there may be something wrong with the baseband. Just did a google of that error and all it brought up were very old problems where people had lost their IMEI and ICCID after restoring.

Any Idea why suddenly I got this white screen (this is the second time this happens) and then the phone won't turn on?

Thanks

Not sure, sometimes a white screen can mean the lcd is shot, sometimes it can mean something is screwed with the software. Hard to tell.

Ok, WTF. The IPhone is in DFU mode (ITunes recognize it) but TinyUmbrella has EVERY single button enable EXCEPT "Exit Recovery" one !!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Cuz TinyUmbrella kicks out if recovery mode, not DFU. if it's stuck in DFU, you have to manually do it. Hold the home and power button for 10 seconds, then release. Wait 2 seconds and attempt to power on as normal

Hello Anniex423. My phone is actually totally OFF. So I cannot tell if is on or off by pressing buttons. My only guide is when I plug it in and ITunes says there is a phone in recovery mode. After knowing is in recovery mode I load TynyUmbrella and as I say... the only button that I need is the only F* disabled...

Thanks

Your phone is not off if itunes is recognizing it. It is in dfu. Follow Annie's instructions on how to get out of dfu. Or you can try and just hold the home and power button together until you see the apple logo.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Also try plugging your phone in so that iTunes recognizes, then hold power and home like x98car said. See if that kicks you out of DFU.

x98car, sorry guys, I don't know if I am not explaining myself correctly or you guys don't read the posts... My phone is recognized by ITunes and USB port of my computer (ding-dongs sounds... ) so thats telling me the iphone communicate somehow, but I don't get anything in the screen, so even if I press power/home I don't get any logo. After some playing around I had to copy ITunesMobileDevice.dll into the RecBoot folder (even if the new version say this is not needed anymore) because it was getting me an error. Then Recboot seems to work, but nothing in the screen. Well, I Jailbrake/Unlock again blindly, 'cause I don't see anything happening in the screen, so the first thing that can come to any ones mind is that the problem is the LCD screen... but I don't think that's the issue, because the same thing happened to me before and I was able to make the phone back to life... ( ????????????????????????) I've plug the phone to ITune after J/U and now I get ITunes "Set Up your IPhone" screen, and ready to Restore a Backup, actually it goes over all the sync process, so this is telling me that everything is working... but I don't see anything in the screen... so now I stating to wondering if the LCD is really F* up...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Umm ok, I think you're missing our point. The phone is stuck in DFU mode. It is giving you a black blank screen but iTunes recognizes it, that's DFU mode. We are trying to get you out of DFU.

Ok let me ask you this: what exactly have you done so far since we have been helping you? Have you:

1) let iTunes recognize the device in DFU and so restore the phone
    2) received error 1011 which sets the phone stuck in RECOVERY MODE
    3) then try running TinyUmbrella to exit recovery AFTER error 1011

Cuz I didn't catch you saying anything about trying to restore again; all I see is youre stuck in DFU and you can't kick it out or jb it. You need to run the restore again if you haven't already.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-11-08 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If itunes is recognizing and syncing it normal then it sounds like either your lcd is shot or one of the connectors in the phone has come loose somehow.

Hi Anniex423. In my last post I gave you an total update of what I have accomplished. Since the WHITE screen the phone just turned off (at least nothing in the screen) no matter what button pressing method\combination I tried, that means, reset, reboot, turn off, turn on, only home, only power, battery drain, battery recharge, and so on... finally ITunes told me the phone was on recovery mode (because no screen I think it was DFU) but anyway, then I tried to restore with no success (error 1011), then I tried shift-restore with same Firmware version, NOTHING, then I tried with older versions... same thing. ITunes was telling me every single time phone is in recovery mode. Finally I played with TynyU and RecBoot, seems that somehow I manege to do a change, because ITunes now was telling me that there ws no SIM. Then I J\U again with RedSn0w and seems all the process went as it supposed to go (But BLIND, because I couldn't see anything on the screen) after this last step I unplug and plug the phone back and ITunes gave the Summary page of the phone.
    UUUUUUUUUUFFFFFFF!!!!.... Hope you understand now everything I did....

Yeah x98Car... That why I was asking for a tool to open the case in other post (Anniex423, you replied to that one)... I'm wondering if I have a loose cable... I think my next adventure is going to be that...
    Last edited by Davesdream; 2010-11-08 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

iPhone 2G are a pain in the tail to open up compared to 3G/3GS. I think they sell tools to do it on ebay and a couple sites have tutorials but it isnt the easiest thing to take apart and put back together.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok got it. Lol I didn't realize that was your post about the tools. Yeah it seems like the screen then. If you can, disassemble and check the ribbons for the LCD. I can't remember which one it is, I think it's ribbon 2? Well check 1,2,3 anyway. Like x98car said, 2G is kind of a pain to get to the screen.

I'm still in standby with my issue, but another thing came to my mind. Recap, I restored and J/U (everything blind). Now ITunes recognize the phone and I get the Summary page with the Phone number, Capacity, etc and theMusic, Video, Ringtone,.. subfolders under the phone on the left pane. BUT shouldn't the phone make at least a sound when you turn it ON or OFF? because I don't have any, and this is making me thing if it really a screen problem... (?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast