Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash Player for iPhone by eXPerience

Default Flash Player for iPhone by eXPerience
    After running into a few problems during the .DEB package conversion process, I am finally able to announce that the whole project has been successful.

Basically what I have done is I have taken the original version of Frash Player, version 0.02 by Comex, and improved on it.

I have embedded some of the original codings taken from the official Adobe Flash Player for mobile linux into it. Stability has therefore been dramatically improved and compatibility has been increased on the whole too.

I am currently working on improving it even more. You will soon be able to play highly-intensive online flash games from sites such as Miniclip.com (well hopefully anyway...like I said I'm working on that one. ).

Anyway, you can now enjoy a more stable version of Frash. I've installed it on my iPhone 4 and I have to say that I've already noticed a huge difference. I also passed it on to a few of my mates so that they could test it, and they too have confirmed that they've noticed a difference.

It's now up to you guys to decide. I hope you like my new, modified, version of Frash Player.

I would like to give credit to Comex, though, for creating the original version of Frash. Without which I would not have been able to give you what I'm giving you today. So thank you Comex.
    P.S. I hope you don't mind me hacking your products!
    To download my new version of Frash simply add the below URL to your Cydia sources:

Code:
    http://iphonecrackng.co.uk/repo
    You can also get all the latest information on my hacks, as well as all the latest updates on my iOS 4.2 jailbreak with Flash, etc. at:

Code:
    www.iphonecrackng.co.uk

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

meh, not been able to watch anything with it yet.

What firmware are you using?

I'm using iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and it works fine for me.

Try visiting the below site (on your iPhone):

Code:
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I though you could watch embedded videos with it. still, good job. any chance of a sbsettings toggle?
    ip4 4.1 btw

That's a good point.

I shall start working on an SBSettings toggle for it soon...I am 18 years old and am in college at the moment though. Start back on Monday in fact so I might not be able to make one straight away.

I'm glad it works for you...as for embedded videos, it would have to be officially approved by the website (they would have to implement the codings for my player into their site).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eXPerience For This Useful Post:

skiptowncat (2010-11-06)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia said it cannot find the repository...any suggestions.

SHART...NEVERMIND....TYPO..I will wear the dummy hat today!

Will install and let ya know how it works. Hope I can play Evony with it on my iphone LOL
    Last edited by mahgninnuc93; 2010-11-06 at 10:19 PM.
    If I have helped you...please say Thanks....

If I have not....don't say anything..just walk away very slowly

Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    Cydia said it cannot find the repository...any suggestions.

SHART...NEVERMIND....TYPO..I will wear the dummy hat today!

Will install and let ya know how it works. Hope I can play Evony with it on my iphone

LOL
    Great. I hope it works for you.
    Last edited by eXPerience; 2010-11-07 at 02:29 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Found the repo, installed and it went through all of the steps. But now I get a continual "upgrade" in Cydia. Have uninstalled and re-installed and still no luck. Anyone else having this problem? And recommendations appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Isnt taking adobes code illegal? Or is it opensource?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Sorry I entered the wrong version number. I entered 0.03 instead of 0.02! A typing error on my part. Sorry guys! Don't worry though, ignore the upgrade message...you've already got the latest version.

By the way guys, I got an email last night from the Chronic Dev team inviting me to join their team of Chronic Developers. I would like your opinions on this as I'm not sure I'll be able to offer them much, what with being at school for more than half the year.
    Last edited by eXPerience; 2010-11-07 at 11:39 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

hey, even I you only do one thing with them then you will have helped!!

it's tempting to accept. but again i'm at school and physically don't have much time to myself. just during school holidays and stuff.

They're also interested in the progress of my iOS 4.2 jailbreak with flash player...unfortunately I won't be able to continue with that until Christmas. Again because I'm at school....sorry to disappoint all you guys. I would devote my time to it if I could.

Should I accept their offer then and join the Chronic dev team? Or would it be, you know, a little too much considering my situation.

so, should this work on the ipad also, like the original frash did?
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

I guess so...I haven't got an iPad so haven't been able to test it.

I shouldn't think why not though.

That's a point though...any iPad users could you please test.

working here on ipad 3.2.1, cant say i have noticed any difference to the original just yet, as have only just installed it , fingers crossed :-)
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hhmmm well jailbreaking isn't illegal and cracking apple products certainly is! Lol yes I'd prefer it to paying adobe money, I only said it because if it is illegal then it's not sposed to be talked about on here

Great. I'm glad it works on your iPad.

Check out
    Code:
    http://www.homestarrunner.com
    - you'll notice the difference then.

Sites such as Miniclip.com may still not work just yet...I'm working on that as they are very, very intensive websites. But smaller online gaming sites should work now.

All that worked with Comex's original one for me was flash advertisements. Lol.

I hope you notice a difference...I'm working on improving it even more.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmm if there's an SBsettings toggle for it, it would be great =D

Working okay for me .. But i am just concerned that it may drain battery life with the constant activation .

I haven't notice any difference from "your flash"

Yes. I'm going to start work on an SBSettings toggle.

And if you don't notice a difference then you obviously don't make use of the changes I've made.

It's personal preference really. Have you tried visiting:

Code:
    http://www.homestarrunner.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast