Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone defaults to video camera setting instead of still camera?!?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Lately I have gone to take a pic with my iphone and it goes to video camera by default instead of still camera so if I whip it out and swipe for a quick pic it just screws everything up and starts a movie.

This just started out of nowhere a day or two ago. Any ideas or at least directions on where to edit the default setting?
    the reason my camera was defaulting to video is because I have the disable multitasking app in winterboard checked. I unchecked it then I pushed respring and it works fine now. I went back in winterboard and moved the disable multitasking app to the top of winterboard and checked it again and everything works just as it should now. Give it a try if you have the disable multitasking in winterboard. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by monte382002; 2011-10-02 at 09:24 PM.

Default camera switch fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by monte382002 View Post
    the reason my camera was defaulting to video is because I have the disable multitasking app in winterboard checked. I unchecked it then I pushed respring and it works fine now. I went back in winterboard and moved the disable multitasking app to the top of winterboard and checked it again and everything works just as it should now. Give it a try if you have the disable multitasking in winterboard. Hope this helps.
    thanks. i ended up putting it in safe mode, switching it to camera and then respringing and it stays in camera mode now. it was most likely some kind of multitasking issue because I use Backgrounder instead of native iPhone multitasking.

If you are using IOS7, you can bring up the video and the touch the word camera at the bottom of the screen. Slide the word camera to the left, above the red video button. Video will go away and camera will work.

If you are using IOS7, touch the word camera (to the right of the word video). Slide the wird camera to the left.
    Last edited by lawoodard; 2013-10-18 at 05:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12