Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with bad reception in arizona area

Default help with bad reception in arizona area
    i have 2 att iphones with cell phone calls, tethering to pc, navigation and pocket tunes being my most used apps. cell phone reception in cave creek area of arizona is weak at best. i am going from maryland area to arizona for a long stay and wanted advice on how to handle the bad reception. should i get a cell phone repeater for the house i am renting that has reception in only one end of the home? should i wait until verizon has the iphone and switch to verizon which has good reception in most of arizona/ should i give in and get the driod phone from verizon and change over?
    also i am faced with getting something for tv service for the location.
    thanks

Thanks

How long are you going to stay in the area? The reported Verizon iPhone won't be coming until sometime in early 2011.

Until then, if you don't have the baseband of 5.14.02, you can switch to a different carrier like Simple Mobile; they use T-Mobile's networks and have pretty cheap plan pricing and don't require a contract. You can use them temporarily with your current iPhone (it will have to be unlocked) and then switch over to Verizon for their iPhone when they get it. Not sure how good the reception from T-Mobile is over there in Arizona though; I went there on vacation before and it was fine.