Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia/winterboard update

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Maybe asking one of the veteran themers if he can help would work better. I don't have any expertise in theming, sorry. All I can say is either find another theme that has what you're looking for or ask a pro themer

Quote Originally Posted by stoopkid View Post
    Okay Ive run into a problem. The way these icons are sorted is more complicated. Im using an HD simpsons theme to figure mine out. But how do i find the folder names for things not on this theme? for instance ive tried "MobileRSS Pro" with the folder name "com.xiangjiyang.mobilerss" but thats not it. How do i find out? Do i have to guess ever and over?

also tried
    com.xiangjiyang.mobilersspro
    com.mobilerss.iphone
    com.mobilersspro.iphone

...nothing
    There are identifiers for nearly 3000 apps here. That will shirley be of some help.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    There are identifiers for nearly 3000 apps here. That will shirley be of some help.
    Shirley? I know her
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

If you look inside the app and then inside the infoplist you will find the bundle identifier. This is what the folder you create needs to be named EXACTLY. You will also find the exact name of the icon. [email protected] or [email protected].
    Check out the youtube video in the thread BUUF 4 by Bababooey. Using iFile! Great stuff

To find out the folder name and icon names for the app you have just go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and all the info you need is there. I copied that folder to my desktop and now have list of all my apps and their folders with icon info.

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    What the hell are people talking about? Wb is in no way useless, that is bs.. And hi res icons not working? Just put @2x at the end of them and make sure their the right size.. I wish people would look into stuff before they post things like this.. I'm not being mean or anything, but isn't it pretty obvious that hi res icons work being as there is well over 200 iphone4 themes???
    Do you know how to make the wallpaper on iphone 4 not zoom in when you set it? I've tried putting @2x at the end of the "wallpaper.jpg" ([email protected]) in the user wallpaper theme folder but it still zooms in on it and it looks bad.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Create a copy of the original wallpaper file. Name one of then Wallpaper.jpg and the other [email protected]. You'll need both of them to prevent it from zooming.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

It needs to be a png image.. And make sure it 960x720

Winterboard and all HD themes work fine your all nuts!

Test with these themes, http://www.lolrelease.com/top-iphone-4-hd-themes/
    Last edited by lol_release; 2010-12-01 at 07:39 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

640x960

jpg files work as well

Thanks, I will give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Create a copy of the original wallpaper file. Name one of then Wallpaper.jpg and the other [email protected]. You'll need both of them to prevent it from zooming.
    I havnt tried it yet but you mean copy the "Wallpaper" file in stash/themes/user wallpaper folder? Then rename the new file as "[email protected]" and have both of those files in the theme/user wallpaper folder, right?
    Last edited by grande007; 2010-12-02 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Its either that or WallpaperHD.png. As long as you have that and another copy named Wallpaper.png as well.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

If your putting the wallpaper into a theme then it needs to be [email protected]
    Not "wallpaperHD.png" or "[email protected]" come on this is simple ;p

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

That's what I said. Either one. WallpaperHD.png works too. I've done both ways. If you actually read my posts, I said [email protected]. But thanks for repeating it.

@grande

You put the wallpaper files within the theme you're using, not the user wallpaper theme.

Edit: the jpg was a mistake, it does need to be png.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-12-02 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So you cant use the user wallpaper theme in winterboard to change wallpapers?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You can. If you're gonna use the user wallpaper theme you just select it and then go to your settings and change your wallpaper normally.

I was trying to figure out how to get it to work using user wallpaper in winterboard. When I set the wallpaper using user wallpaper it zooms in. I havnt tried putting it in my theme. I will try that. Thanks again.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well just stick the picture file into the user wallpaper theme then if it is zooming. Do as ice mentioned to make a copy and make the two files be named Wallpaper.png and [email protected] and it should prevent the zoom.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

grande007 (2010-12-03)

To i.Annie: I can't thank you enough for this info. I've searched everywhere for a fix for the wallpaper zoom issue. I am planning on making a tutorial to help others fix this issue. I will be sure to give you a shout out. Thanks again!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks I actually just recently figured it out myself. I stopped theming at 3.0 but when I got my new iPhone 4 I picked it up again. Was wondering why the icons were being so stupid, if I did icon.png, it didn't show up, it I put in [email protected], it was huge. So I tried to put both in and it was fine after lol. So if/when you write a guide, just note icons must be done the same way as the wallpaper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast