Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 data problem

Default iPhone 4 data problem
    I need help guys, first, I'm using iPhone unlocked since 2008 3G, 3GS and 4, now the problem,
    Since I started to use the iPhone with my carrier the 3G speed always works fine, never had a problem since 2008, now since yesterday the 3G doesn't work I'm on 4.1, so I decided to downgrade back to 4.0.1 and the same problem I get edge to work but I turn on the 3G I get nothing, upgrade back 4.1 and the same

Any help guys?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

have you tried your sim in another 3G phone to see if you can get 3G signal and data with that?

I tried a blackberry and i got 3g data

Thanks

Then you may have a hardware issue if restoring doesnt fix it. You can try setting the phone up as new after a restore if you havent tried that already.

Thanks

You're using it for AT&T right? Since that's the only carrier here in the US that the iPhone supports, 3G wise. Why do you need it unlocked if it's for the official carrier? If you want to keep the baseband for resell purposes, then use custom firmware but I don't see the need to install ultrasn0w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    You're using it for AT&T right? Since that's the only carrier here in the US that the iPhone supports, 3G wise. Why do you need it unlocked if it's for the official carrier? If you want to keep the baseband for resell purposes, then use custom firmware but I don't see the need to install ultrasn0w.
    I don't think he is in the US if he had it working before.

Im from puerto rico, my carrier is claro they use same frequencies of att, thats why 3g works and like i said, i had been using 3g since 2008, and now its been 2 days and no data after i turn on 3g, without throwing any error, i left a page loading like 15 min, didnt load and didnt throw any error, i turn off 3g and work
    Is apple doing something???

Thanks

I doubt apple is doing anything. Something screwy may be going on with your unlock or your apn settings.

Apn its same as always and edge works i turn on 3g and stays loading for ever

Thanks

Very strange. Have you tried resetting network settings then putting in the apn again?

This is sooooo strange, and yes i reset network settings

I was reading other forums and a lot of people are having this, even with att

What I never tried was setting it up as a new iPhone, wat I did before was after activation screen never choose new or restore, this time I choose new iPhone and now everything works fine again, thanks a lot x98car!!! If anyone have this problem in the future they will have to risk everything lucky I have mobile me lol

Thanks

Aah yes, the ole restore from backup can get you every time. Glad you got it working.