Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 on 4.1: Mail / Contacts / Phone Apps are not working all of a sudden!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default Iphone 4 on 4.1: Mail / Contacts / Phone Apps are not working all of a sudden!
    Yesterday my mail, contacts, phone, SMS, and even the Mail Settings stopped working on my iPhone 4!!! Everytime I would try to open them, the phone would lag and them close the app. Couldn't figure out what caused it except 'maybe' an instant mail popup app from Cydia.

Anyways, I rebooted a couple hundred times, all the while uninstalling - reinstalling - configuring - dissecting my phone with iFile.

Finally, I decided to go to /var/mobile/Library/Address Book/AddressBook.sqlitedb file and temporarily rename the file (didn't want to delete it) then I resprung.

Magically, all those apps worked again!!! The downside is all my Contacts were gone and when I checked the Address Book folder via iFile, the phone automatically created a new AddressBook.sqlitedb file!

Again, I decided to play around with this discovery (copy & paste, reuse my original file, etc., etc.) but couldn't get my contacts back on without the phone acting crazy again. I eventually deleted the original (renamed) AddressBook.sqlitedb file since something inside it was corrupt.

So...my diagnosis was that you'll have to reinstall your contact info with iTunes (no big deal) BUT at least you won't have to Restore your phone (saving you hours of headache) if this happens to you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

j3st3r (2010-11-03)

Thanks

glad you got it working and thanks for sharing your fix

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Thanx! Hope it'll help someone later down the road. I Googled for solutions but nobody had an answer to this.