Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After returning from trip to US "Could not activate cellular data network" Please HELP!

Default After returning from trip to US "Could not activate cellular data network" Please HELP!
    Iphone 4 bought in USA.
    Jailbreaked using Jailbreak me and unlocked with ultrasn0w.
    My carrier is Movistar which is the official carrier here but I bought my phone when it first came out.
    Facetime works without having to use MiTime.

I just returned from a trip to LA and was roaming and both data and voice were working there.
    As soon as I turned on my phone back home in the airport I started getting the message saying:

"Could not activate cellular data network, you are not subscribed to a cellular data service."

I am subscribed to a cellular data service and has been working fine before this. I went to Movistar and the geniuses said the problem is because my phone is jailbroken...and it was bought in US.

I tried rebooting the phone, resetting network settings but I'm still getting the same message.

I did notice that now when I try to call my voicemail it dials a different number "123" instead of "*86" it's supposed to dial. I checked this at: Settings > Phone > movistar Services

I believe that some configuration changed and it is not recognizing my cellular data services anymore but have no clue what else to do.

Is it possible that the airport X-Ray machine changed my SIM configuration or phone settings? Doesn't really sound possible to me but something changed.

Only other alternative I can think of is to restore phone but would like try somethimg else before this so I don't lose all my jailbroken settings and phone contacts etc etc

Please Help!!

well first thing i would do is get on cydia and download pkgbckup. Its a package that saves all your jailbroken stuff. That way if you do have to restore just have to redownload that package and follow the steps instead of doing it all over again... Second when you go to general>network is there a place to put ypur own settings in?

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    well first thing i would do is get on cydia and download pkgbckup. Its a package that saves all your jailbroken stuff. That way if you do have to restore just have to redownload that package and follow the steps instead of doing it all over again... Second when you go to general>network is there a place to put ypur own settings in?
    Can't find a place to put my own APN settings. Been reading and most places make reference to APN settings.

Then i would get the cydia package i stated above and do i restore and jailbreak again. I think thats the only solution i have in my bag of tricks. Or go try a new sim card!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (2010-11-03)