Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to keep memory up ?

Default How to keep memory up ?
    How do i keep my memeory from going down/makeing my phone really slow and unresponsive. Everytime it reaches like 7mb, i have to restart to get it back to 142 mb. I'm running 4.0.1 on a 16 gb 3gs. I have multitasking, and if i get rid of it (via cydia) will my memory stay up? i feel like i restart my phone every day bc of this memory problem

Thanks

Do you have a lot of tweaks and themes running as well? This also causes the iPhone to slow down; especially if they are Mobile Substrate. Keep tweaking and theming to a minimum.

I'm on 4.1 on my 3GS; though when my memory is low, I don't have to resort to restarting..

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    Do you have a lot of tweaks and themes running as well? This also causes the iPhone to slow down; especially if they are Mobile Substrate. Keep tweaking and theming to a minimum.

I'm on 4.1 on my 3GS; though when my memory is low, I don't have to resort to restarting..

I just have BLACK'UPS DARKNESS theme running in my winterboard. and i only restart to get back to the "max" amount of free mem bc if i were to just double tap multitasking/use sbsettings and close programs, it would only reach around 93mb. If i completely disable multitasking, my memory should be good right? i remember back on 3.1.3 my phone was flawless and always running smooth.

Thanks

It should work, yes. Have you tried RemoveBG? It removes all background apps (except for the ones you manually specify). It beats a reboot and you'll get to keep the multitasking.

It should work, yes. Have you tried RemoveBG? It removes all background apps (except for the ones you manually specify). It beats a reboot and you'll get to keep the multitasking.

Remove background from big boss repo? I have remove recents but I'll try it out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rivryan View Post
    Remove background from big boss repo? I have remove recents but I'll try it out
    Yep, that's what I use and it works great for me.

Yep, that's what I use and it works great for me.

How exactly do you use remove Bg? I installed it but I stil have the apps in the app switcher when I double tap the home button

Thanks

Install a RemoveBG toggle for SBSettings if you have it. Then all you have to do is press the toggle and it will remove the background apps.

You should put an exception for the Phone app though, as that is usually running all the time anyway.

Oh so this is like "terminating" processes rather than not having multitasking? So every now and then I click the toggle button and it just closes all apps?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Even my iPhone 4 runs low on memory sometimes. The best thing to do is not let more than 2 or 3 apps background at any given time. Open up the "processes" tab in SB Settings every few hours or when your memory gets low and close the apps you don't need.. then hit the Free Memory button and you should be back to normal. Now that your device has multitasking you can't just open up 50 apps and not forget to close them down.. requires memory maintenance.