Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs wont restore, help?!?

Default Iphone 3gs wont restore, help?!?
    Well i bought an iphone 3gs 16gb (not sure what firmware/3.1.3 or lower) from a friend thinking i could fix it with a simple restore... She found it somewhere and she sold it to me for $50 since she couldn't fix it. It does not even turn on, but when u connect it to the computer, it automatically goes into recovery mode. I tried restoring it on my mac mini and my imac but after itunes downloads the firmware, it gives me error 21. Afterwards, i tried it on my friends PC and i got excited because the restore was going perfectly and the apple logo came on with the percentage bar for the restore. It got about 75% there, and then gave me another error... Do you guys have any suggestions???

Thank you!

PS. Is there any program besides iTunes that i can use to restore it?

Try taking it out of recovery mode, see what happens then. If not look for a cheap motherboard on eBay and replace it. Or keep trying and trying.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

It doesn't let me go out of recovery :/ when i try turning it on normally nothing happens but when i connect it to my computer it goes into recovery mode and asks me to restore. when i do restore, it always gives me error 21

On your desktop computer, create a new user account, log in as that user, then try the restore.