Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Icons?

Default Big Icons?
    Hey everyone, I am legally blind, and have bene tweaking my iPhone for a while for optimal use. I am wondering if there is a way to get bigger versions of the regular icons? I was thinking maybe 3 x 3 large icons would be great for me. If anyone knows of anything like that I would really appreciate the help. Thanks a lot.

Ironically enough the app is called shrink, you can find it in cydia.

Hey hanks a lot! Do you happen to know if there is a free app for this function?

No I don't think there is, sry....

It doesn't make them bigger. It starts at the base default of 100% and from there you can only go down in increments.

It's also $1.99 but I could be mistaken.

Hey guys thanks. From what I understand you can actually make them bigger based on a screen shot I saw, can anyone confirm this? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by crackertime View Post
    Hey guys thanks. From what I understand you can actually make them bigger based on a screen shot I saw, can anyone confirm this? Thanks a lot!
    Yes you can, simple change the files from 50x50 to 80x80 through photoshop or some other tool

You will have to ssh them off the iPhone though

The files will be located all over the phone though so it's hard to do this

Even if you got the apple icons all working every app you install would look small again so you could place them into a folder

Please thank me if ive helped or comment back for more info

Wait a sec you could use iconoclasm to get only 4 apps per page you would probably have to create it your self then change all the apps to 80x80 as seen from my las post

Please thank me on site if ive helped if not comment back

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

crackertime (2010-10-30)

Hey thanks man I was checking out iconoclasm, seems like I could combine it with something like this, although I have no idea how I would find all those files. Also, I am still trying to determine if Shrink does actually expand icons, I thought I saw a screenshot, but I could be wrong, that had 300% in the dropdown menu. What I should get I guess is iPhone 4 icons so when they are bigger they would look better.

Thanks man

Yeah you could create a quick way to get a better idea of it

First make a New Folder called Godzilla

Inside Godzilla create a folder called Icons
    (the I in Icons must be capitalized)

Now check the screen shot

Your Godzilla theme will go in var/stash/themes/

The Godzilla folder name doesnt matter if it's not named that
    BUT
    the folder named Icons must be named Icons

Please thank me on site if I've helped I'm still here so comment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

crackertime (2010-10-30)

First read post above this second if you have an iPhone 4 or can get ahold of a jailbroken one then go to var/stash/applications
    If not you might be able to find them online quickly try searching "iPhone 4 HD apple icons"

Make sure Winterboard and openssh are installed

Copy the Apple Folders to your computer to get the HD icons, this will take awhile and so is the next step

Option 1
    Search and delete all files named icon.png
    Delete out all folders perusing to language packets and other folders in these locations(keep the folders named .app on the end
    Rename all files named [email protected] to icon.png
    Place these folders into one folder named Bundles(the B needs capitalization)
    Now make a new folder called Godzilla and place Bundles inside of it
    Now place Godzilla in var/stash/themes/

Option 2
    Search all those folders for [email protected] for the HD icons
    Now realize there all named the exact same thing so don't let them overwrite eachother but start piling them to the desktop one at a time and renaming them
    To figure out there names its simply the app name and resize the icons yourself

All type on iPhone 3GS please thank me if I've helped if not please comment

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

crackertime (2010-10-30)

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

If your going to make your icons bigger then make sure you have icon support off cydia

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

You can make them bigger by simply installing shrink, don't listen to septic

Hey thanks Shane for taking the time to write up those instructions, I really appreciate it. And to everyone else for their two cents, it really helps a lot, I do love these forums.

I have a 3gs, but no access to a 4 at the moment (lines in Canada still start at 7 am every morning at the apple store, and they don't even know if there is a shipment that day!), but I assuming someone must have uploaded them or something somewhere, so I will give that a shot.

I will be honest that set of instructions was a little intimidating, but so has all the messing around I have done post jailbreak been, so I will try to give it a shot. I think I will wait a few more days until I get a consensus on whether shrink can actually do this or not, because that paired with iconoclasm sounds like it would be a lot easier for me. Again, thanks everyone!

Hey sorry to rehash this post, I just had a lot of trouble getting anywhere on this problem. The methods listed above are really appreciated but I just couldn't get them to work, I am not ashamed to say they are beyond my skills I think. I am jailbroken btw. The closest I have come is someone mentioning that they had a Winterboard theme that came with big icons, though I can not find it. If anyone has any other ideas I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.