Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with wiped out data..

Default Help with wiped out data..
    Hey guys, I recently had to reformat and forgot to backup my iTunes data. When I re-installed iTunes I remembered to sign into my account but forgot to hit Authorize Computer. I clicked sync waiting for my iTunes to copy all my apps off my phone onto my desktop, only to find at the end that 100+ apps weren't successful in being copied to my desktop because I hadn't remembered to authorize my comp. Sigh.. so anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone knows any way to re-download all my purchased apps off iTunes automatically? I'd really rather not look at my list of purchased apps and manually download each one individually all over again. Please tell me that I'm blind and missing the button somewhere, and that the people at Apple aren't THAT stupid to not have an easy way to re-download all your purchased apps?

Thanks

In iTunes, go to File > Transfer Purchases from "iPhone". See if it will let you re-authorize your computer there.

Also, go to Store > Authorize Computer and you can log in there as well.

The problem is that the apps have already been erased from my phone with very few exceptions. I neglected to hit Authorize Computer before I clicked Sync, so when it was unsuccessful in transferring them off my phone, it just deleted them all off my phone. -_- God I hate iTunes.

Thanks

Ahh, I see. Yeah, unfortunately if iTunes has deleted them already, there's nothing you can do except re-download them manually through the App Store. I've been there before man and I feel your pain.

Gah... what a dumb thing to not be able to do. Thanks anyways.. =\