Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi Problem

Default WiFi Problem
    I just jb'ed my 3GS on 4.1 but I can't unlock it yet because I'm running into WiFi problems. I'm at college and I have to log in to the wireless network. It lets me log in, but the every time I try to load a page or Cydia it just loads my school's homepage. I think it has something to do with the new auto-log in setting in 4.1 but I don't know. I really don't feel like downgrading right now so if someone could help me that would be awesome, thank you.

Thanks

You'll have to download the ultrasn0w .deb files and place them in private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. If Cydia/AutoInstall isn't there, just create it. After placing the .deb files in that directory, reboot your phone and Cydia will install it automatically for you.

Just Google ultrasn0w 1.1-1 because I'm pretty sure I can't link downloads.

I found my way around it, I created a wifi access point (using internet sharing) from my mac which is plugged into an ehternet cable. the only thing is that i don't know how to secure my wifi, i'm trying to figure it out now

Quote Originally Posted by btowne View Post
    I found my way around it, I created a wifi access point (using internet sharing) from my mac which is plugged into an ehternet cable. the only thing is that i don't know how to secure my wifi, i'm trying to figure it out now
    On the network creation thing, just check the "Require Password" checkbox. Then enter a password and verify it in the new text fields that open up as soon as you hit the checkbox.

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    On the network creation thing, just check the "Require Password" checkbox. Then enter a password and verify it in the new text fields that open up as soon as you hit the checkbox.
    yeah i figured it out, i had to turn off internet sharing and then it let me configure airport settings where i could enable the password

wait a minute, you can unlock jb 4.1 with new bootrom?... did I miss some news from the dev team?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OMG View Post
    wait a minute, you can unlock jb 4.1 with new bootrom?... did I miss some news from the dev team?...
    No, this still can't be done. Forgot to mention that bit..

If your baseband is 5.14.02, you won't be able to unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi