Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reformat anyway to keep my iTunes?

Default Reformat anyway to keep my iTunes?
    I reformat my pc a lot and so i am awlays losing my iphones data.

When i install itunes it wants to earse everything is there anyway around this? Is there a file or something itunes used in the backup?

anyone?
    Last edited by chris82; 2010-10-26 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Put in a blank DVD and in iTunes under one of the drop down menus is create iTunes backup. After a reformat, download iTunes, put in the DVD and it will restore your music, iPhone backups, etc.

I didn't know iTunes had that option...that's good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    Put in a blank DVD and in iTunes under one of the drop down menus is create iTunes backup. After a reformat, download iTunes, put in the DVD and it will restore your music, iPhone backups, etc.
    wow i never new.... is it putting all your music on that DVD? Trouble is i have 20GB of data on mine.

U'll need about 5 DVD's lol

Lol glad you guys like it. Feel free to hit thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Piazza331 For This Useful Post:

chris82 (2010-10-27)

wonder if it could make a DVD image that i could mount and restore later, guess i could use blu-ray.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks! I never knew this, but its not really ideal as I have like 30gb of apps/videos/music/ringtones/podcasts/movies/TV shows...
    Can you do the backup to an external hdd? I have a 250gb westerndigital hdd so that would be ideal! Also, would I be able to restore the backup onto another pc?

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

I don't see that option in the menus? Was it taken out of the latest iTunes?