Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Stuck on Loading Changes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Cydia Stuck on Loading Changes
    Cydia was working for me before, and now it won't let me see the changes section. If I press it, it says loading changes and the apple swirl keeps going, but the time freezes so I know it's not working properly...
    Any help?
    I tried reboot, hard reset, etc.

i woud try restore and rejailbreak

Hi can someone please help!!! I recently downloaded cydia but when it said update essential i clicked ignite temporarilly and Now I can't update essential therefore I can't download apps!! Please can sum1 advise how I do this, thanks

Go to the changes tab it should say u have 4 updates

Went onto changes it has hundreds of items do I have to install all of these?

No there should be a red tab up at the top if you have downloads if not then your good

Thanks

Is restoring my only option? What if I rejailbreak first would that delete anything? I don't want to have to load everything on it again.. Maybe I should wait until there is an upgrade os.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    Is restoring my only option? What if I rejailbreak first would that delete anything? I don't want to have to load everything on it again.. Maybe I should wait until there is an upgrade os.
    I remember Cydia was crashing on me every time I tried to load it. The solution was to delete the content of a folder in your Iphone. This is the post. You can give it a try. Let me know if worked for you.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ails-load.html

Quote Originally Posted by thunderwolf333 View Post
    If you can install aptbackup that will save what file you downloaded in cydia for next time and auto install them

Thanks

well i tried what davesdream said that didn't help.
    and i figured out that if i go to manage and click each app installed, i can figure out which one needs to be updated because it will say upgrade instead of modify. so maybe i'll just leave it like this for now until i decide to upgrade to the next os, or if i get really fed up with it.

http://*************/topic/65714-cydia-freezing/

" Navigate to /private/var/lib/cydia
    and remove metadata.plist located here (don't forget to make backup yourself - just for sure if sth goes wrong) ...
    Launch Cydia and see what happens

~iramez "

Worked perfectly for me.

Thanks

It fixed it self some how I'm not sure what I did. But I'm glad I didn't have to restore.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thunderwolf333 For This Useful Post:

wiley6701 (2010-11-14)

thunderwolf, thanks for the idea. worked for me and fixed the exact same problem.