Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: What's AdSheet?

  1. #1
    Default What's AdSheet?
    As the title says what's AdSheet? You can see it pops up on my sbsetting I never noticed it until I replied at someones thread just not long ago while i was taking a SS. Doesn't bother me or makes my iPhone go crazy or anything. I'm just wondering what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    I wondered this also... anyone?

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Anyone know what is it's purpose ?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    As the title says what's AdSheet? You can see it pops up on my sbsetting I never noticed it until I replied at someones thread just not long ago while i was taking a SS. Doesn't bother me or makes my iPhone go crazy or anything. I'm just wondering what it is.
    Is this the one that lets you go into the phone and there is an Apple prompt inside?? There is also Trust Me and iOS Diagnostics but about 2 more as well.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Is this the one that lets you go into the phone and there is an Apple prompt inside?? There is also Trust Me and iOS Diagnostics but about 2 more as well.
    What is that? Haha. I have iOS diagnostic too but it only shows in lockdown pro. I don't think I have trust me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

  6. #6
    Any idea where I can find my ticket number? I tried my phone number and it didn't work. How can I uninstall this? Haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Any idea where I can find my ticket number? I tried my phone number and it didn't work. How can I uninstall this? Haha.
    I had asked about this one here before and some even then tried it. It sends info to apple(?) about how the device is performing or something to that effect.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    I had asked about this one here before and some even then tried it. It sends info to apple(?) about how the device is performing or something to that effect.
    Naw my phone is fine everything is working smooth. I'm just curious, and if I could remove it I will.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

  9. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lost Androideles
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    AdSheet is the helper app for iAds. I disabled it (I chmod'ed the actual executable file to not be runable) and all the apps that use it (e.g. The Weather Channel, Huffington Post, Mocha VNC Lite etc.) basically turned to sludge and stopped working properly. Had to un-do the change

  10. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    I usually have to go into SBsettings to delete adsheet from multitask because some apps after close still show the iAd in my background and have to be force closed to get rid of it. (modmyi forum app and another app always seem to do it)

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    You can simply use iFile and delete the Adsheet altogether.

  12. #12
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lost Androideles
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Perkins View Post
    You can simply use iFile and delete the Adsheet altogether.
    Given my experience I would consider that highly risky to do.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •