Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes INjection

Thanks

Default Itunes INjection
    iTUNES iNJECTION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All of a sudden I start having issues with itunes injection being enabled. I'm running Windows 7 32 bit and the latest Itunes of course. When i press the shift key it goes to restore and update will not allow me to install custom ipsw files or ippc files. Would hate to have to restore my PC just for that, cause i've already uninstalled itunes and reinstalled it and still no progress. I've also tried runing as admin also still have the same issue. Any one having this issue and has resolved it please help!!!!!!!! thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What do you mean by itunes injection, is that your own terminology or something else.

Hmm, the not being able to browse for a firmware is new to me. But I know there is a command line string you can type into the command prompt to renable the ability to browse for an ipcc file. I don't remember what it is, but it's well documented on the internet, just google something like itunes ipcc command line hack

Here I found this
    On Windows open command prompt and paste the following command:
    "%ProgramFiles%iTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    here
    won't let me install custom ipcc. - Hackint0sh

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You probably have fingerprints scanner on his machine, disable it and it will let you browse for the firmware.