Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery problem wtf

Default Battery problem wtf
    Anyone know why my battery went from 61% to 0% overnight in 10hours?

I was sure nothing was running besides phone.

This is not the first time it happened. This is the second time, don't know why though...

Anyone experiencing this problem?

It's running ultrasn0w 5.13.04 and 4.0.1 firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

There are mixed reports of this. Some say limera1n is the reason for major battery drain, but I read a great post somewhere about when 4.1 firmware was just released, there was a bug with the firmware itself that caused battery drain. And people who had 4.1 for a while, then used limera1n and had poor battery blamed limera1n. But once they restored as a new phone (to the fixed 4.1 fw) and jailbroke with greenpois0n, the battery issue was gone - making them think that greenpois0n is a better jailbreak. They said this battery drain bug could happen at any random time too, so you could of had no problems then suddenly your battery seems to suck.

Your best bet would be to restore as a new phone in iTunes and re-jailbreak with a tool of your choice. You may prefer to use a different tool than the previous time just for piece of mind. But if the 4.1 bug theory is right, then it won't matter what you use to jailbreak as the bug should be fixed now.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Damn, I typed that whole thing out and I just realised your on 4.0.1. Mega fail on my part

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe